1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Good Ole Days

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Coyote 270, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

[​IMG]

Those were the days

2. Janet

Janet TS Member

Shot in a lot of cold weather, but never that cold.

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Almost 34yrs. ago, wish I had them back. Definitely better times.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You mean the OLD COLD DAYS

Gary

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    30 below, yikes. As a teenager I worked at a berry packing plant. They had a flash-freeze section of the ginormous freezer that was 20 below. It's really a temperature shock to walk from 90 to 100 degree weather into that flash-freeze section. One of the forklifts put a blade through the side of a drum of sugared sliced strawberries. It made a four foot diameter two inch thick disc on the floor that was like cold tar. We spent two days crowbarring it off the floor in little pieces.

6. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Those were some fun shoots, 50 singles, 50 hdcp, 50 doubles and lots of hot cocoa and Brandy.

7. truxx

truxx TS Member

Yeah, old Coyote was 31yrs old then. Now he won't shoot unless the sun is out and the low temp is 65

8. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

In Pittsburgh there is a Children's Hospital that typically has lots of benefit charity things that go on around Christmas. Several years there was a shoot for them at the Pony Farm Trap Club, otherwise known as the Armstrong County Hunting and Fishing Club. One year I was there we shot in snow and fog so heavy we were shooting holes in it! And with white birds it was real hard to tell if we were breaking birds or the big snow flakes were just looking like it. Probably in the 70's I think. All for a good cause and lots of fun had by all!

9. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

New Years day the Moulton Club will have their annual sausage shoot. Some years it's been below zero. They usually have 30 to 40 squads shooting 75 singles for home made sausage.

I don't like to shoot when it's that cold either, but if we don't have any hunters I'll be there again this year, mite shoot, mite not. Brad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.