1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The fun is over

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well I guess the fun is over, at least for 6 months anyway. I just got back from a long walk in the woods with the dog. Wouldn’t you know it, that dreaded season of spring and followed closely behind it summer is upon us. I love the woods - in winter!! The rest of the year sucks!

Today the temps got into the 60s and what did that bring? An hour into our walk we came upon a King Cobra snake (all snakes are King Cobras to me) sunning itself. Half hour later heard a mosquito buzzing. That was enough for me - time to turn around and walk back through the subdivisions. And what did we see there? Clowns with mowers. My God ain’t you people got anything better to do.

Well to top it off, after I arrived home, I felt something crawling on me - it was a damn tick. Well that’s it, the fun is over till October when the first frost arrives, and then I can go back into the woods. Until tend, I ain’t leaving the concrete. I will be waiting for it with open arms.

2. chipped99

chipped99 Active Member

I don't know where you live but you must not have fed cows all winter long! I have tracked through snow and mud,been colder and wetter,used more cuss words,spent more money on hay and cubes and lost more calves than I'd really like to think about this past year!I guess you have the right to miss winter but holly CRAP..........PLEASE LET SOME GRASS GROW AND THE SUN SHINE! We need warm weather down here.Yep,I'm in warm sunny Texas and still had a bad winter.I wish you cooler weather but I'm still praying for sunshine.Have a nice summer........Tony

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

It's that !@#$% Obama again...sigh.

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

That is what is great about Alaska,no snakes,spiders or ticks!!! You just gotta love it.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Bisi, I don't know where you're at, but the frost doesn't kill the ticks in eastern MA. Anytime there's bare ground they're out. Someday they'll make it to Alaska I think, they never used to be in New Brunswick, but you will find the odd one now.

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

doesn't a good repelant work 4 ticks?

7. Bob Hawkes

Which one have you found that works Southjblue? In eastern Mass they are a big time problem for dogs and us. Shoot well, Bob

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Bob, I'm here in Indiana. I usually don't see a tick from the first frost in Oct. till about this time a year. When I come across the first one I know it is time to curtail walking in the woods.

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Alaska doesn't have any flies either, do they, Chug?

10. Bob Hawkes

Bisi, It can be mid winter, a few warm days, a fair amount of the snow gone, just patches here and there, and those freaking ticks are everywhere. They actually are up in trees here. low pines, and fall onto you when they sense you going by. Last year was not that bad, but there're out already this year.

11. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

We have flies,noseeums and whitesox in the summer.

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'm ready for warmer weather. Fishing, camping, riding quads, shooting more targets..... always look for the positive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.