1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THE Freedom Group

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I just ran across this--i may be the only one that was not aware of this. Do you think we should we be concerned about this?

Subject: WOW! This is scary!

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011

For the last several years a company called "The Freedom Group" has been buying up American gun and ammunition manufacturers.

Some of these companies are:

Bushmaster,
    Marlin,
    Remington,
    DPMS,
    Dakota Arms and
    H&R.
    DPMS Panther Arms
    NEF
    Dakota Arms
    LC Smith
    Parker
    AAC
    Barnes Bullets
    EOTAC
    INTC

Some people worry that Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States. Of course, If you control the manufacturers you can decide not to sell to civilians, or, you can raise the prices to ridiculous levels or you can make the supply of guns and ammo scarce - all sorts of logjams.

What a perfect way to control America's guns!

If you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a Wall Street investment company called "Cerberus Capital Management".

"Cerberus" in the epic book "The Inferno" by Dante Alighieri, is a three-headed demon hound (from Roman mythology) that guards the Gates of Hell to prevent those damned souls who have just crossed the river Styx, from escaping back to the world.

Investor GEORGE SOROS owns Cerberus!

Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out - and quickly! Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news.

The absence of big media coverage on this important subject should be BIG news to you, too!

2. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

With the amount of money they would have to invest to buy companies the likes of Bushmaster Marlin and Remington, I dout they would do anything to drastic to hurt their bottomline like refuse sales to civilians. JMO

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Well, that took about 3 seconds on google to debunk.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/10/robert-farago/george-soros-doesnt-own-the-freedom-group/

4. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Looks ok to me. Investment group who are buying up companies to turn them around but like everyone else are showing losses right now. Hopefully they will get these companies on the right track for the future.

5. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Their is a law about having a monopoly but it seems no one cares to enforce any laws these days. Unless you are a commonl citizen. Wild Bill

6. Landshark

Landshark Member

They FUBAR'd Marlin pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.