1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

the flinch

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by KelleyPLK, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Im having lots of trouble with flinching i shoot release trigger at trap and sometimes I flinch with it . Now winter is here I shoot sporting clays w/pull
    trigger and get though most of it but every so often the ugly flinchman grabs me . Is there any method to stop this flinching ? Puzzled with it

Thanks

Pat Kelley

2. avery53

avery53 Member

Welcome to the club! Best thing I have found is don't ride the target. Hit the trigger when ihe stock hits your shoulder. There is no absolute cure.

3. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

What helped for me was to increase trigger pull by about a half pound.

4. warren

warren Member

Make sure your flinching is not caused by something else such as crossfiring I thought I was flinching and it turned out that it was a reaction from my left eye trying to take over. I highly recomend a professional evaluation before you make any drastic changes it might do more harm than good

warren

5. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Warren:
    What do you mean by professional evaluation? Shooting clinic? Eye Dr?
    dju

6. warren

warren Member

Yes I had no idea what I was doing until I went to a Kiner Clinic it took him less than a minute to tell what I had been fighting for literaly years.

warren

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Gee Warren, At days end, Phil told me I'd lost the fight;)

8. warren

warren Member

Maybe you've lost the fight Bob but i'm still at it, my averages have stopped declining and started up I've gone up a class in the singles and I actually got punched thanks to Phil. Still having trouble with doubles it took me years to get into that habit and it's gonna take a while to work out of it.

warren

9. k3uro

k3uro Member

Happy Turkey Day,

I went to fast double release very early in my shooting. I broke my firest 100 straight, with a pull triger, shooting handie cap at the MSP GC. But I was almost falling off the shooting station, the onlookers were laughing there butts off. LOL

Any way I did not feel I could continue shooting, than I tried a double release. I shot it a couple times and knew that was what I needed.

I purchased a release right here on Trap Shooters. It was a heck of a deal modifed by Swab. I still have it and it still works great.

Right after going to the release I broke my first Skeet 100. 100s are still rare for me but without the Release I would have quit shooting,

3 shooters I shoot with went to the Release also, one did great with a double. Never looked back the other 2 had problems. There is no one answer for these problems I guess.

So, try them all before you quit.

Take care,

Jim

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Take up golf but beware of the YIPS---SJB---

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

IMHO a pull trigger with creep and an inconsistant weight of pull is one of the primary causes of the "Flinch". HMB

12. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

For me it was changing guns. Went from 1-2 flinches per round to none. May have been what HMB said, don't really know. I went from an auto to a single barrel trap. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
trap shooting flich

trap shooting flinch

trapshoot flinch