1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Five Best Trap Clubs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wineguy, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

Waht are your picks for the five best trap clubs in the US based upon the following;size /layout, field background,supportive management,welcoming of new shooters and well run tournaments. Thanks, BB

2. ksshooter

ksshooter TS Member

By far, Kansas State shooting grounds in Wichita.

charley

3. ksshooter

ksshooter TS Member

All PATS, totally flat background except for a single 2.5 foot bush that is about 2oo yards out in front of trap 7, and it blew over last week

4. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

Boy you guy are way off base, the only place to consider is KINGSBURG, CA.

5. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

#1 Spokane Washington, with out a doubt. Followed by Walla Walla, Connell, Cottage Grove, and Evergreen. Richard

6. bh

bh TS Member

VERNAL HAS MY VOTE-BOB

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

How the hell would I know the answer to your question, unless I'd shot at them ALL?

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Of the one's I've shot at: Silver Dollar, Tucson, Middletown, Minneaplois(sp), & Las Vegas. I'm sure there are others.

9. dvice

dvice TS Member

Top 5 is tough but #1 is Owatonna MN. Best run club by the best people. Dave Vice

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Pinehurst and Vandalia would be included in my personal list of the five best clubs.

Pat Ireland

11. cle

cle Member

NSC - San Antonio
    Fulton Cty CC - Rochester, IN
    St. Charles SC - Elburn, IL
    Downers Grove SC - Morris, IL
    Izak Walton League - Beloit, WI

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

How many of the clubs mentioned above are open 24/7. HMB

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

In addition to the KTA grounds in Wichita, KS, KCTA near Smithville, MO is a very nice place to shoot, and well run by Lynn Gipson.

Both throw good targets and have great backgrounds. KCTA has a lot of events and great prizes.

14. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Please tell me what is wonderful about the Silver Dollar? Golfers try to run you over, there is no transportation between the "old" clubhouse and the "new" side, parking is difficult on both sides, birds are constantly flying into the shooting areas, and no one gambles (options). I could go on and on, but I think you have already figured out that I do not see this as a "best destination"

15. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I'm reminded of that old saw - never look a gift horse in the mouth.

ANY club that permits public access, is open weekdays and weekends, has a clubhouse to park your weary backside and throws clay targets in any form makes MY top 5.

Heck, a place to shoot is quickly becoming the only criteria I care about.

But seeing as though you asked, my favorite club is Coon Creek. They throw all the games including bunker. The management is very youth friendly and welcoming to new shooters. The grounds and equipment are well maintained. The background is super. The ATA and PITA shoots are well run and well supported by the locals. How many facilities in the country can you shoot sporting, skeet, trap, wobbles, 5 stand and bunker - all in one day.

16. Lyle

Lyle Member

insight,
    where are you from? I have been to Fargo, Spokane, Pocatello,Spanish Fork, Vernal, Great Falls, Las Vegas (I have been to Wahpeton, not shot there) and also shot at Walla Walla.

Lyle

PS I liked all of those clubs too.

17. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

1. Kingsburg 2. Spanish Fork 3. KCTA 4. Las Vegas (with black targets)

18. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Wilmington, Deleware; Linn Creek, Mo.; KCTA Smithville, Mo.; Otter Creek Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Ottumwa, Iowa.

All of the above are well run by some of the nicest and friendliest people you can find.

Jim

19. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

#1.....Minneapolis Gun Club. Outstanding facility, great people to see that you have a good time, some of the best "gun club" food, Home of the Minneapolis Gun Club Handicap Championship. Great place to shoot.

#2.....Alexandria Shooting Park. Home of the Minnesota State Shoot and some of the hardest working members/owners anywhere. Great trophies for resident and non-resident and lots of great competition. Great place to shoot.

#3....Owatonna Gun Club. Again, some of the nicest, hard working members you can find. HUGE roast beef sandwiches, free pork tenderloin dinner with all the fixings and enough deserts it will take you five minutes to choose. Great place to shoot.

#4.... Iowa State Home-grounds in Cedar Falls. I've never been to another club where the target loaders race each other to get to the trap house in 100 degree heat. Great place to shoot.

#5....Pennsylvania State Shoot at Elysburg. If you haven't taken this one in, you should. Chuck Fritzges and his crew put on an outstanding program, friendly shooters, lots of vendors, good targets. Great place to shoot.

20. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

hmmm...weeeelllll now.

How about Birchwood Recreation and Shooting, near Anchorage, Alaska. We have all new Pat's, brand new management, shoots that run like a swiss watch and best of all, Mt. McKinley is in the background on clear days.

Jerry's going to come up and try to eat us out of house and home on Ribeye steak this summer. Then I'll have a convert...

jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.