1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Fight to keep our guns in IL..IGOLD event

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by swan hunter, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swan hunter

swan hunter TS Member

As the Gun Owners of IL continue to see nonsensical gun laws filter down from Chicago legislators to Springfield, a group of well over 2000 gun owners made their way to the streets of Springfield to send a message to legislators...We don't want any more Gun laws in IL.

With laws so extreme as to outlaw pump shotguns such as Remington 870 pumps already on the books in Cook county and now proposed in the state legislature, we have to make our voices heard! The Cook county ban on "assault rifles and shotguns" not having a grandfather clause, these are extreme laws indeed!

It is time for ALL gun owners to band together. When one gun type is attacked, they all are attacked because as the bans continue, the pool of legal firearms will eventually dry up altogether.

The March 11th Rally was a rousing success and one of the best behaved group in recent history according to Capitol Security.

We are Proud of our IL Gun owners and hope everyone will join us in calling their congress folks to oppose these proposed new laws.

Mike Rowe

2. swan hunter

swan hunter TS Member

Photo of March

3. 1goat roper

1goat roper TS Member

4. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

I was there, and proud of it. Kinda felt like meeting the Brits @ Concorde...
    No offense to present day allies! RLG

5. at_trap_89

at_trap_89 TS Member

Good to see such a grand turnout...and by the colors of the Gadsden* flag no less; EXCELLENT! You could use a couple more of those!

Marches like this should be occuring in ALL 50 states, in as great numbers as can be mustered.

* For those on here in need of a history lesson, the Gadsden flag is at left...yellow field, an EASTERN RATTLER coiled, above the phrase "DONT TREAD ON ME" (no apostrophe)..came about in the 1775-early 1776 time period. One of the best standards to represent that we will not stand by to let our rights be trampled.

6. antique

antique TS Member

And you want Hillary or Obama.antique

7. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

wish I coulda met up with you, maybe next year. DGSC paid half of the $20.00 fee, and only two showed up. we are going to b e in trouble pretty quick here if people don't get together onthis. Tal, would you email me? I lost your contact info. Or just PM with it. Later, RLG

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Glad to see the good people from the State of Illinois doing something to preserve your rights, but I'd bet there are a few more than 2,000 gun owners in the State ... Where the hell was the rest of them ..? I applaud those who attended and think you should be putting your foot up a few ass's to get a better turn out in the future ... Good Luck ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. 1goat roper

1goat roper TS Member

10. 1goat roper

1goat roper TS Member

11. DAN FIELD

DAN FIELD TS Member

Tal, the shotgunners were present,I talked with 8-10 ata shooters from central.Il along with a few skeeters. WPT your correct about the Attendence, 2000 is good, we can do better. This was my first time at IGOLD an next year I plan to take a few more shooting friends, If all 2000 bring a couple more gun owners maybe we can convince a few more lawmakers to join in and support the 2nd admendment, I have received a couple letters of support from lawmakers who are solid in our cause---it was a great day, make your plans to attend in "2009"

12. 1goat roper

1goat roper TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.