1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Female Problem" with Presidential Politics

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GW22, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

A couple people have challenged me regarding Bachmann's chances. Bachmann is smarter and more politically viable than Palin, but she suffers from the same insurmountable problem. Let me explain it in detail so everyone understands:

1) Bachmann is an ATTRACTIVE WOMAN and a TRUE CONSERVATIVE.

2) In the U.S. women vote in much higher numbers and higher rates than men, so in order for Bachmann to win she MUST gain significant support from women voters.

3) The majority of American women vote Democrat. For example, in 2008 Obama won the male vote by 1%, but he won the female vote by 13%. There has been a gender gap in every Presidential election since 1980. This means a Republican candidate has to attract lots of Independent voters and also get millions of women Democrats to cross-over.

4) American women, especially those under 45, are very leery of TRUE CONSERVATIVES because they perceive them as judgemental, overly religious and see them as a threat to what they are allowed to do "with their own bodies" (i.e. abort babies).

5) Posed with a Democrat they don't like (e.g. a failing Obama) a considerable percentage of American woman who normally vote Democrat are willing to at least consider a Republican. But not as many will consider a TRUE CONSERVATIVE and very few will EVER vote for such a candidate who is also an ATTRACTIVE WOMAN.

In short, AMERICAN WOMEN are Bachmann's problem (and any other females candidate's). The Republican Party undoubtedly knows all of this, so they will be very reluctant to nominate Bachmann.

-Gary

2. Smoke 1

Smoke 1 Banned User Banned

Gary, if you were a woman would you want the government telling you what you can or can't do with your body? That's why many women vote Democratic and by no means are they all liberals.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

PRECISELY

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Gary, with all due respect, my wife who is attractive (she was a model when I met her), is a conservative, gun enthuiast, knows more about cars than most men, earns a 6 figure income, read your post.

Her thoughts? Well, basically said your full of it.

She said you thinking is an insult to women and perhaps you have some sort of penis envy problem with smart women. Her words, not mine.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Rick:

If your wife read my post carefully, she would have seen that nothing was said about her or other Republican women.

I happen to LOVE smart, attractive women -- I too married one. And I will vote for Bachmann in two seconds if I get the chance. She the only true conservative near the front. But it's important to understand that women like your wife and mine are in the vast minority. And they are going to vote Republican anyway. It's the CROSS-OVER women I'm talking about -- that huge block of women voters who normally vote Democrat. No Republican can win without converting a bunch of them and an attractive female will play hell doing that.

It's not a popular thing to say, but it's true, and to a great extent it is all easily verifiable through research.

-Gary

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Well, you can hang your head on "easy verifiable through research", but like most research results, the researchers have a pre-determined outcome they want and then proceed down the course that enables them to arrive at the results they want.

I think it is a bunch of hogwash (so does my wife) and I suspect the research was done by a bunch of Liberal pointyheaded nincompoops, who looked at the Democrat field of women and said:

"We are in trouble, what can we do to make our ugly stupid women electable."

After much head scratching, someone says:

"Ah, I know, we will conduct a research study with the outcome that says the average women will not vote for an attractive, smart Republican woman. Eureka, problem solved."

If you want to fall prey to their trickery and believe what they say, while shorting yourself of a well deserved, viable and qualified candidate, because they have you convinced that candidate will lose, you are the bigger loser for it.

You often rail against Republicans falling for Democrat trickery, and I think you have the same problem you rail about.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Rick:

Do your OWN research. That's what I'm talking about -- not something put out there by someone with an agenda.

-Gary

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

If GW22 is correct it would be with less educated, looking for a free handout type of woman. Any guesses on how hispanic and black women will vote?

Any woman with any sort of intelligence will look past someone's looks (male or female) and vote for the person who they think will do the best job.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Likes-to-Shoot:

We would all like to believe that, but, unfortunately, a candidate's appearance and gender play a huge role. It's sad that this is the case in our superficial, TV-oriented world.

-Gary

10. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Bachman suffers from being stupid, not from being a woman. How can any serious person not believe in evolution or think that build-ups of carbon dioxide are harmless?? How can she rail against government spending when she has her hand out for farm subsidy money and her husband has no problem taking medicaid money??

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Likes To Shoot, I beg to differ with you. My wife and I raised a girl, that just happens to have a black mother and white father(not me and my wife) and she is very smart. Graduated four years of HS with a 98.8 overall grade. She has completed four years of college with honors and is now a nurse and continuing her education. I couldn't believe it but she voted for Obama. I basically told her that She embarrassed me and that we had taught her better. Her response was that he appeared to be the best choice. My response was that she didn't look very closely. Jackie B.

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Mr. Waalkes:

Bachmann's values and beliefs may be different than yours, but she is definitely not stupid. She holds a PhD and was very poised and well-spoken during the debate last week. A stupid person could not survive under fire like that.

She has made some statements she will regret, like the "submissive wife" one, but she is far from stupid.

It's also clear from her history raising dozens of foster children that she and her kooky husband are very decent human beings.

-Gary

PS: I find it hilarious that her husband thinks he can convert gay people into being straight, LOL. I won't hold him against her though.

13. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Her education is from a college that got discredited. oral roberts is not known for turning out scholars. She is a power hungry politician, nothing more. Her stated views on evolution and science make her stupid.

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Michelle also is an attorney, so it would appear that Waalkes has vagina envy although he is a recognized expert on stupidity.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Mr. Waalkes:

Bachmann has college degrees from three different universities including Willam & Mary School of Law. Besides, don't get too snooty regarding education. Benjamin Franklin signed all four major documents in the founding of this country with a 2nd-Grade education. Was Einstein stupid? He, like Bachmann, believed in God. I hold multiple degrees myself but I'm smart enought to know that Franklin and Einstein were a lot smarter. Bachmann is a little extreme in her religious views, I'll grant you that. But you're confused in your attempt to equate that with abject stupidity.

-Gary

16. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder how many of you key board cowboys ever been sluged in the mouth. Sure would like to see you talk to a person face to face like you do behind a keyboard. :)

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I for one have been slugged in the mouth.

-Gary

18. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I don't think I've never been sluged in the mouth since I don't even know what that word means. People only resort to violence because they lack ability and/or intelligence. Violence never accomplishes anything other than getting the perpetrator a jail term.

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I got slugged after making fun of a big dude's bad spelling.

-Gary

20. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

She's cute as a speckled pup, but she's unelectable. When you guys come back to reality, meet me down at the Perry/Rubio tent...we'll crack open a keg of nails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.