1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The End of Obama Birth Controversy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GunDr, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Obama, Biden pay visit to Supreme Court

Obama and Vice President-elect Joe Biden sat in front of a fire on a cold January day in a court conference room with Chief Justice John Roberts and seven other justices.

They chatted for about 45 minutes, then toured the courtroom and justices' private conference room.

hmmm, will the justices have an "adjustment" made to their retirement accts?

2. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Given that there are at least two cases currently in front of the Court on the matter, as well as a staggering number of others making their way through the lower courts, I strongly doubt that the issue ever came up, or if it did, that they were told in polite but no uncertain terms that it would not be discussed.

That would be a horrible violation of judicial ethics.

Tony

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Tony, Are you implying that certain members of the Supreme Court have ethics?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. Goozer

Goozer TS Member

I did not support either man, so I did not have a horse in the race. I would never vote for a man like Obama with his political views. However, You are all wrong on his birth controversy. The law simple states that if either of the parents have been a citizen of the United States for at least five years then
    at the birth of a child no matter where in the world automatically gives that child US citizenship. Some folks are making fools of themselves stating that Obama in not a US citizen !

5. Goozer

Goozer TS Member

I forgot to mention above that Obama's Mother had been a citizen for at least five years.

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Goozer,,who ever the hell you are,,,

Every American has a horse in this race,,,,

This isn't over yet,,,!!!!!!!

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Goozer

"You are all wrong on his birth controversy. The law simple states that if either of the parents have been a citizen of the United States for at least five years then at the birth of a child no matter where in the world automatically gives that child US citizenship."

Is this the rule you are referring to?

"Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)"

If so what does the part in parentheses mean? Are you saying that Obama's Mama was in the Military or maybe she was a Diplomat?

Bob Lawless

8. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Rave on guys. Rave on.

9. ivanhoe

markdenis

"You guys put to much weight in written laws in this country. There is not a law anywhere, written anytime in any organization that can not be changed by people"

Mark we are not talking about a just a law we are talking about an Amendment to the United States Constitution.

The above link will show you what is involved in the procedure from what I am seeing I would say it is quite lengthy.

Bob Lawless

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

What controversy, Obama was born in Kenya.

11. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Someone please tell me why this guy has spent $800,000 in attorneys fees trying to hide a $10.00 piece of paper,,,,????????

12. ivanhoe

markdenis

"I didn't say the added or excluded amendment had to be written."

Once again Mark you never say what you mean in the beginning just say up front what you are referring to. Do you honestly believe I would go through the trouble of looking up and posting a link to a statement/question that you made if you made your intention clear in the first place.

Then you seem shocked that when the controversy start over what you have said or more pointedly what you haven't said.

Bob Lawless

13. ivanhoe

Mark

OK here is the reason why I won't bet against it. this whole thing should have been settled before he was allowed to complete his bid to be a candidate. It should be all cleared up no matter who is seeking candidates papers.

Next Tuesday when he is sworn in as the President he will be in command of 2 thirds of the Government and every time he make a supreme court appointment he is one step closer to total command of the entire Government.

If by keeping this in the public eye has any affect on how the procedure is handled in the future it will be worth the effort. It sure beats the Crap out of saying do you actually think it makes a bit of difference whether all guidelines are followed or would you like to bet.

When it comes to pass that Obama commands the entire government(all three branches)it won't matter anymore because this country as you know it will cease to exist. Then they won't even bother to interpret the laws they will just do as they please. Then you will win your bet hands down. At that time will you say I was right or will you say shoulda, coulda, woulda?

Bob Lawless

14. ivanhoe

100straight

"I personally don't think the SCOTUS will rule on this for fear of a civil (race) war, but there is always hope. This is the most blatant violation of the Constitution during our lifetime, and maybe since the founding of the United States."

I disagree I think the resent Supreme Court ruling on the second amendment is the most blatant in history. We paid for a judgement on the constitutionality of the law. The court up held the law but allowed the law makers the right to common sense restriction within the law. Know the law is more complicated and tougher than before. A travasty of justice that make the system a joke.

Bob Lawless

15. bhuber

bhuber TS Member

What I find funny is that on birth certificates babies are given the race of their mother. So since Obama's mother was white it should say on his birth certificate that he is white. So in essence he is not the first Black President. Although I think Bill Clinton was actually the first Black President. Ha

Brent Huber

16. ivanhoe

markdenis

"You ever think about getting a little help?"

Explain help on what Mark?

Bob Lawless

17. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Goozer, You are wrong in quoting above "that if either of the parents have been a citizen of the United States for at least five years" the child is a citizen no matter where born. That is a simplification of the current law. See the the excerpt from the law in effect in 1961 below.

1952 The Immigration and Nationality Act of June 27, 1952, 66 Stat. 163, 235, 8 U.S. Code Section 1401 (b). (Section 301 of the Act).

"Section 301. (a) The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

"(7) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States, who prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years."

Additionally that doesn't address the issue of whether the child born under such circumstances is a "natural born citizen" as required by the Constitution so there are legitimate issues here.

I don't know if this or the other cases will go anywhere but at least deal with real world facts and don't try to over simplify by quoting things that do not apply.

18. parrot man

parrot man TS Member

Hi Guys,
    Just jokeing now, but Everybody knowes he was born in AFRICA !!!

Eric Vega

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.