1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The effects of Obama care have started

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by kfbagt, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

that would be the corporate office taking advantage of the opportunity to reduce their costs by charging more to their subsidiary companies. our government is screwed up, thats for sure, but dont forget that corporate america will take every chance they get to take money out of your pocket and put it in theirs.

2. Gadsden's Snake

Gadsden's Snake TS Member

Notice that the insurance companies still have free reign to increase your insurance costs - both in higher costs to you and less coverage for the same amount of $$. Obamacare doesn't address the root-cause disease that is our health-care industry.

One, you have the same profiteers on the health-care side don't mind low margins when there is so much fraud waste and abuse because they basically operate in an monopoly (since you only have one choice with your employer) so they know they have you over a barrel.

Two, you have the same crooked politicans who want to keep the status quo. Why would they truly reform a health-care industry who they are heavily in bed with and has been giving them campaign contributions for years. They need the money for their next re-election b/c we as a society are by and large too dumb and apathetic to hold them accountable for such inscrupulous behavior.

- G.S.

3. over/under

over/under Member

Can't be. He, Messiah said you could keep what you have now. Forgot to mention how much it would go up. Make your vote count 11/2/2010.

4. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

G.S.

Nice post, and right on point.

John E.

P.S. I have always loved the "Don't tread on me" slogan.

5. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

My wife and I (both 58)are with BC/BS. In the past 12 months we went from 685.00 per month to 1000.00 per month, with a 3500.00 deductable and no claims since we had the insurance.

Yep, screwed blued and tatooed.

It ain't just Obamy it's the entire Congress, they are all (and I mean all) a bunch of corrupt premadonnas.

6. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

the health insurance industry is struggling to stay afloat. thats why your premiums continue to go up. I dont remember ever hearing that you should invest in a health insurance provider to really grow your money. the problem lies with the cost of health care. until we can get something done to reduce medical care costs it wont matter who is in office, nothing will change. its not even about the politicians being in bed with the medical industry although some of that does come into play. if you dont get obama-care, youre gonna get hillary-care, which isnt worth a sh!t either so pick your poison.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

You just need to remember that you have NO INALIENABLE HUMAN RIGHT TO HEALTH CARE.

You may (or may not) be able to convince someone ( a doctor) to take care of you in exchange for money.

But you have not right to insist that you be cared for....

That's the root cause of the crappy law (Dems think they have the right to insist that folks be provided for)...now we're going to pay for it.

But that's just my $.02 worth today....

8. Hungarian

Hungarian TS Member

He gonna pay my rent, give me free food, free daycare, pay my utilities and give me free healthcare. When I am done watching Oprah I am gonna go vote.

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Hungarian

You forgot the free car and gas.

Don Verna

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Obama and the liberals had their change, and they screwed everyone with a health care plan over so we can now pay for those who don't have a plan oe even don't have a job. This is a ginormous de facto tax increase, plus eventual rationing of benefits. It's time for a change, alright. A big one in November.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The health insurance industry could affor to put teak wood around all the columns on the first floor of the Heritage building in Sheboygan, couldn't they?

What is goin on here is the employers are passing the bag over to the workers.

Ours just doubled the deductible as of the first of the year, cut out some things, and raised the out of pocket almost double.

This employer is self insured, as are many. They have the insurance organization handle the claims, (per their directives) since then they don't have to have that work force and infrastructure.

Let's see what the unions will do for all the people getting screwed by Obama(un)care.

HM

12. tachyon

tachyon Member

While the main impact of Obamacare will not be felt for a few years we are already seeing the impact of the parts of the bill that were implemented in 2010/2011. The house of representatives led by the democrats and the senate led by the democrats passed this bill that was signed by democrat president Obama.

1. Children covered under a family plan in the past were responsible for their own insurance when they turned 19 (or could stay on their family plan until 23 if they were full time college students). Now every child will be covered by a family plan until they are 26. Family plans now have to cover millions of additional patients. Guess what, premiums will increase to pay for this change.

2. Preexisting conditions have to be accepted by insurers. While we may applaud the decision to force insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions someone has to pay for the coverage. Guess what, you get to pay.

3. Insurance companies can no longer "cap" maximum benefits. Many companies would buy insurance with a maximum cap on payouts. This gave them lower costs. For example, a company would purchase a plan where the max payout would be $300,000 per person. Once the maximum benefit has been paid, costs are usually picked up by state catastrophic insurance so an individual is not at risk.

Now the insurance companies can no longer write such plans and existing plans must be modified to no longer cap max benefits. Insurance companies will have to raise your rates to cover this new mandate.

13. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Just found out today by my great employer (a non-profit hospital) that they are throwing my wife and my step-son off the plan that they have both been on for the last 15 years with minimal claims.

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"What is goin on here is the employers are passing the bag over to the workers."</i>

Of course they are. That's how business operates. Companies cannot run in the red like the government can, so they have only limited options to absorb government tax and mandate increases:

(a) Go in the red. Which is not going to happen for long.

(b) Pass on costs to customers. That only works some of the time, and in a mild depression like we're in, that's going to cut more revenue, resulting in even more negative cash flow.

(c) For small business owners, cut their own income. Some have done that, but most have bills to pay just like the rest of us. Their business, like it or not, is not a social service for employees. It exists for them to have an income and a profit. And the small businessman has to pay for plant expansion, new investments, new equipment, etc., out of his own money. He's taking the risks and making the investments.

(d) Cut staff. Many have had to do this, and the remaining employees have to work harder. In almost all cases so does the business owner, who would really like to hire someone to help take the load off.

(e) Cut or freeze wages.

(f) Cut benefits or pass future cost increases on to employees.

The last three are the ones small business generally has to resort to in bad times. That's why in a bad economy like this, it was sheer lunatic idiocy to shove health care expansion down the throats of businessmen.

The irony is that a lot of workers voted for this, believing evil rich businessmen would take it in the shorts. A lot of them are going to be surprised, shocked and outraged when they find themselves facing d, e or f, because they did not understand the ramifications of voting for liberals. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Another thing liberals do not understand is that the government does not create jobs. the private sector does. Obscene amounts of tax money has been spent to "create jobs", but only a relative handful of jobs have been <i>temporarily</i> created, at the expense of good, long term jobs being not created, filled or eliminated in order to pay these taxes.

Ever wonder why the taxes for the health care plan start up were set to not appear under AFTER the 2010 elections, and that the health care plan itself won't start until after the 2012 election? It's because the liberals do not want to jeopardize their chances of being reelected. If the health care plan is so good, then it should have kicked in on their watch, so they could own it. Instead, they want to disassociate themselves from responsibility for it.

`

15. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have heard that there are Ins co,s that are refusing to put any new customers on until they are sure of their future---I also heard of a giant Ins agent in my area that has many large companies insured under his agency---He is of the opinion that many if not all co,s will be canceling their need for health care because of OBAMA care---He employes many that will be out of a job that will be going to the Govt. payroll---Thousands and thousands employes will now be under the govt. payroll and who do you think they will be voting for?---We have our hands full---Thats why they are laughing---They will have the hispanics,black and most all minority and all the want-it-alls in their column---47% don't pay taxes---How will they vote when told of the flat tax?
    I don't know about you guys but I'm not having a good night---Tell me something positive---Please---George@SJB---

16. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

The hell you say /// health care has gone up/?/ i don't believe it ... dumb axxes who voted for this welfare pimp got >

'''SCREWED'' say what //? ... will wonders never stop.

I'll bet the next surprise will be november 2nd when... village
    morons will re-elect the same liberal pimps who already
    screwed them ./.
    who the ''hell'' with half a brain didn't know this was
    gonna happen.

'' God '' save america ///

17. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

My wife's job in healthcare is going away. Somehow, the way the new laws are written, it is cheaper for the hospital to pay an ouside contractor $25,000 per month than to have the work done in house by a $4,000 per month employee. The two jobs that were eliminated so far have cost her department over $50,000 per month. By the way Mr. Consumer, that test you used to have to wait 2 or 3 hours for, now takes 24-36 hours due to the cost and travel time to ship it to the reference lab a couple of counties over. Oh, also the lab will not do individual tests, they will wait until they have enough samples to make it efficient to run a large batch. I hope you do not mind staying a couple more days in the hospital while the Dr. needs results to treat your illness. Maybe you will not die while you wait. Good luck to you and your family. And a big thank you to all the little people who were foolish enough to believe a muslim named barak would save you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.