1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Difference Between A Coyote And A Cow

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pendennis, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

All, sometimes you just can't make up this stuff.

Best,
    Dennis

2. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Last year a SD hunter killed another hunter with a rifle. He said he thought it was a goose.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Deer season was in, he was out with a high powered rifle, saw a patch of brown and thinking he'd pop a deer. Shooting at a coyote sounds much better than taking a shot at a deer, more than likely without a deer tag either. The judge will hammer him for hammerin Hannah. Shootin at a coyote was his best attempt at a cover story, BS! Hap

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

A few years back a farmer had the local newspaper print a picture of a dead cow and dead deer side by side with signs identifying each. Seems someone shot the cow and left it lay. The farmer happened across a deer that had been hit by a car so he drug it home and took the picture of the two. Big difference between them.

Also a few years ago a woman from Iowa living in Maine was shot and killed in her yard, by her house because a hunter thought she was a deer. No charges were filed.

A person gets buck fever and your mind sees things different than what things really are. I double check everything before I shoot, particularly whats in the background.

P. O. D.........You are an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!! If your arn't intelligent enough to take offence to that remark please let me know what offends you.

Bill

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A tragedy this season here in Wisconsin. The young man had put a blanket around himself to keep warm, covering most of the orange, and his grandfather shot him in the leg/groin area. Massive blood loss followed shortly by death.

Grandfather was 63 years old. His life is ruined forever by a momentary bad judgement.

I have never shot a deer that I could not fully see and identify and I never will. I also keep harping on the young ones in my group if there are any.

No animal is worth the loss of a human life. So be carful out there.

Dead is for keeps.

HM

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

prince-of-dorkness.....I guess you've never read the Darwin Awards where the last thing a "redneck" (actually a West Virginia coal miner term) says is "Hey Bubba, hold my beer, watch this". Geography does not enter into the equation. Intellect does, but you didn't quite figure that one out did you?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

Around 10 years ago a guy in north-western Illinois shot a cow elk and tried to check it in as a doe deer. The game wardens were called and after a while they decided that ELK was not a protected species in Illinois and he had done nothing wrong. The cow elk had escaped from a game farm about 30 miles away. He had lots of meat to eat.

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

You can't fix stupid.

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Prince of ? That was out of line. JB got it right. Bill Grill Northern Michigan

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Prince of Dark- I agree that most people in Michigan are Yankees, but many of them are intelligent and many more are nice people. Most of them can make a post that lacks words usually considered well beneath what a gentleman would use.

Pat Ireland

11. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

I try to stay out of the field during deer season. Too many of them consider the three essential pieces of equipment to be a rifle, a tree stand, and a bottle of brown liquor.

"How'd yah do today, Bubba?"

"Didn't bag nothin', but I got off a couple a brush shots."

12. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

True Story; In 1972 I was stationed in Oscoda, Michigan. Along comes hunting season and I was driving down the highway with one of the locals when I saw a COW in a field with BRIGHT RED PAINT C-O-W painted on the side of it. I asked the man I was with, What's that all about and he said people come up from Detriot to go hunting and have no idea what a deer looks like and that more than one farmer has lost a cow or two in those fields due to these one a bees.

13. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

When Prince of Darkness comes of age, what will he be Queen of?

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "Honey, throw another coyote steak on the grill. We'uns got company."

15. gotbass

gotbass Member

Must have been dragging it home with a tractor. He ought to get a few extra days in the lockup for telling such a stupid story.

16. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

There's a couple of people on this forum I'd like to take "hunting".

17. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Blizzard,
    The trick is getting them to wear the antlers.

18. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Everybody knows you're supposed to paint the word "cow" on the side of all cows before the numbnut hunters hit the fields!

19. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

What did POD say that got everyone's panties in such a knot?

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Lit; Tell us just how you found out.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.