1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dems and the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sammie, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammie

sammie TS Member

Just listened to the 3 dems on gun control. They all stand for 2nd amend. rights for all citizens. (Edwards actually grew up with guns unlike Romney) They all said that with the increase of police deaths from assault rifles, the ban MAY need to be reinstated. They all said that there is a difference from good citizens owning guns and the inner city punks owning them. They all said what is needed is to enforce the laws we have right now. We need to go after the illegal gun dealers. They all agreed that they now know it is impossible for an anti gun stance to win.

Looks like our 2nd amendment rights are safe for a while but I am sure there are the doubters out there. I have said before, with 48 states with concealed carry, it is not logical to think our 2nd amendment rights will be under attack soon. Your opinion may vary. sam

2. Dave90T

Dave90T TS Member

Just what "increase in police deaths from assault rifles" are we talking about? There has been no such thing.

Anyone who supports ban on so-called (mislabeled) "assault rifles" [sic] is NOT pro-Second Amendment, and obviously doesn't know a damn thing about firearms. Real "assault weapons" are already illegal to own without going through the trouble of purchasing a Class III firearm.

And FYI, any reasonable person knows Romney is not pro-gun, either. I don't think any one running is smart and logical enough for the job, except possibly Fred Thompson.. And at least he held a Garand "assault rifle" [sic] at a gun show.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Quote: "They (Dems) all said that with the increase of police deaths from assault rifles, the ban MAY need to be reinstated."

That's all I need to know. They're anti-gun. Period. No amount of discussion can change that fact.

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Ditto what Brian Said.

Jim

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's a scam to get our vote and nothing more. Mike

6. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Sammie,

Sissy-boy Edwards actually said, on camera, that owning a gun is a "privilege" while a college education is a "right". Someone should burn to the ground whatever piss-poor excuse for a law school granted that idiot a JD!

(Note to the alphabet agency boys at BATF&E: the above mentioned reference to burning a structure is to be taken figuratively, and not a literal suggestion that someone actually commit arson.)

7. sammie

sammie TS Member

Dave, just reporting what was said. An increase in cop deaths in the US. do you keep daily figures and how do yours differ? I think that all women, dem and repub, think any gun with an extended clip is an assault rifle. I also believe that the people they are talking about are not really worried if the guns they buy are illegally or not. I don't know about where you live but I can get fully auto stuff in Chicago no questions asked.

Brian, Are you saying that your 2nd amendment rights are more important than saving a cop's life? Just want to make sure. I am sure the retired and working cops on this site would also be interested too. sam

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

You're living in a dream world, sammie

John C. Saubak

9. BustClays

BustClays Member

Interesting that none of them said anything about the 2nd ammendment giving THE PEOPLE the right to defend themselves from a tyranical government but they do talk about hunting alot.

Also interesting that Hillary would say, "the president takes and oath to protect the country," when in fact the president takes an oath to protect the constitution.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Additionally Hillary specifically talked about being against Pre-Emption because of special situations like NYC. I guess the law abiding residents of NYC do not have any 2nd Ammendment rights?

bustclays

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As a professional trainer of Law Enforcement, among other chores, let's do this one more time.

Cops hunt down and apprehend the bad guy. The bad guy is probably a repeat offender, and does not want to go back to jail, get off dope, and bunk with Bubba! (OUCH)

The bad guy will do what it takes to not get caught by the cop, including killing him. He will use whatever unlawful device he can get his hands on. ANYTHING, even marshmallows, can become a deadly weapon! Laws will only work for the law abiding, something the libs are not able to fathom.

I don't know if it is ego, ignorance, or a case of mental imbalance, but the liberal just does not get it.

Successfully banning ANY class of firearms simply gives precedence in court that such an action, if done before without being overturned on appeal, is legal to do again, TO ANOTHER CLASS OF FIREARMS. DUH!

The overwhelming majority of LEOS I work with know in their heart that the law abiding citizen is their best bet in case they need help with a perp when the backup is minutes away.

Citizens, armed and unarmed, have come to the assistance and rescue of Law Enforcement officers tens of thousands of times, often risking their lives for the officer. Don't think the cop on the beat does not think about this daily! Those Chiefs and such that espouse gun control are not cops. They are politicians, pure and simple, pandering to a liberal Mayor or Governor.

Make up your mind NOW and vote your conscience. It looks like 2008 is going to be a roller coaster. This is no time to be afflicted with a lack of spine.

11. Brian in Oregon

sammie, quote: "Brian, Are you saying that your 2nd amendment rights are more important than saving a cop's life? Just want to make sure. I am sure the retired and working cops on this site would also be interested too."

I'm sure the retired and working police officers who swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States would not appreciate being used as a tool for your feeble attempt to strip our Second Amendment rights away.

12. Dave90T

Dave90T TS Member

Wow Sammie, you back-pedal a tight-rope better than bozo the clown.

How did you get from this:

"Dave, just reporting what was said. An increase in cop deaths in the US."

From this:

"They all said that with the increase of police deaths from assault rifles, the ban MAY need to be reinstated.

Prove exactly how this is attributed to "assault rifles", over any other factors (automobile accidents, etc.). A local cop here just died in an off-duty single-car accident...does he figure into your "statistics"?

Sammie also said, "I think that all women, dem and repub, think any gun with an extended clip is an assault rifle."

Only cause they are just as uneducated as you about firearms and their function, as well as 2nd Amendment rights. Also, I've never seen an extended clip. I've seen stripper clips and en bloc clips, but never one of those extended ones. Oh you meant a magazine. Whats your point? Are 30 bullets any more dangerous than 1? Ah, the answer to that is no. "Assault" is an action. An "assault rifle" is something Adolf Hitler named a selective fire rifle his henchman drew up called the MP44. Feel free to use terms coined by murderous dictators to disarm law-abiding Americans, it makes you look GREAT!

Sammie stated, "I also believe that the people they are talking about are not really worried if the guns they buy are illegally or not. I don't know about where you live but I can get fully auto stuff in Chicago no questions asked."

Now you're rambling off the point and scope of this thread, and either lying or know one-too-many shady characters. *How* exactly is a ban on *semi-auto* service rifles (which you and your antis mislabel "assault rifles"), keeping them from law-abiding citzens (which is what Hillary, Edwards, Romney, etc. want) going to stop you from buying an illegal full-auto from some illicit-market criminal in Chicago? Its not. To think otherwise is to live in a place of suspended reality, known as ignorance.

FYI, Sammie, I'm forwarding your statement and a link to this thread to the BATF. I'm sure they would be more than happy to employ your knowledge of the illicit trade of fully automatic firearms, in the enforcement of our current laws.

13. Brian in Oregon

Q. What do you call a 30-round magazine in an AR15?

A. A STANDARD capacity magazine.

14. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I am a semi-retired LEO. I still work part time. for the Sheriff. I am not in favor of any ban on any guns of any type other than the laws already in place and some of them should be modified or repealed. No person that is convicted of a felony or that is mentally unstable should own or be able to possess a firearm of any type. And what is the difference in a 30 round mag and three 10 rounders? Just a couple of seconds for most of the people that practice. I want armed, law abiding citizens surrounding my ancient a$$ if I'm ever in trouble. Don't ever ask for gun control in my name!

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

" An increase in cop deaths in the US. do you keep daily figures and how do yours differ?"

Haven't seen yours yet so how would we know?

16. tomk2

tomk2 Member

They are bowing to the power of the NRA to oppose vulnerable democrats, and seek to keep even a small number of democrats from voting for their guns. They got the message over the last 8 years that gun owners, and the NRA, can effect the outcome of elections. Anti-gun rhetoric is now taboo, but anti-gun legislation will not be once they are in office.

17. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

sammie is not even a shooter. He is some college kid troll who comes on here to stir the pot. He should be banned and his IP blocked.

18. Questor

Questor TS Member

What Sammy has posted is false. The candidates have made their positions quite clear on Face The Nation and other forums where they have had the opportunity to describe their policies. Their web sites also articulate their positions on firearms. Their policies are not favorable to shooters, and not are specifically unfavorable to the use of firearms for self defense.

19. lctrapshooter

lctrapshooter Active Member

Trapshooters 18, Site Idiot 1, so far!

Vaporize Em

Frank Fortyone

20. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Ahhh, but how many people bother to research things, or do they just go with what they saw last night on TV? My wife came to me yesterday and said that the democrats have all reversed their position on the 2nd ammendment, and have said that the problem is criminals and not guns, based upon what she saw on TV last night. I wish I had seen the episode, it must have been some exceptional spinning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.