1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Democrats are Destroying their Majority

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Trappy12, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I don't know how long it's going to take for the party leaders to realize that in trying to force through this health care "reform," is single-handedly destroying their majority and credibility. The recent elections just keep screaming over and over again the Americans do not want this kind of health-care reform and for whatever reason the people at the top can't see this and instead are trying to force themselves into believing that they are doing what is best for the country. Yes, our healthcare system needs some serious help, but lets get real and put something through that helps everyone, not something that helps those rich enough to afford healthcare anyways, and those too poor to afford it, yet screws over the middle class. This is why I hate organized political parties, they are blinded by their own agenda and cause more harm than good.
    -Trappy

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Trappy, did Obama ever answer your letter?

Robert

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I'm just pissed that they wasted a half year screwing around with this Health Care BS while the economy was tanking and people were losing their jobs and homes. They spent more money than we have and now they seem like they are getting around to looking at the economy? Loved BamBams photo op in Ohio today, getting all religious about helping the economy. That was a quick switch of the gears, eh? Problem is, I heard the term "Green Jobs" a couple of times. Any guess what that means? Just like they fixed the credit problems. They really let the banks have it and clamped down on what they can get away with....Yeah Right! If the new laws ever takes effect. In the meantime the consumers are getting screwed. Can't wait for these clowns to leave office. I'll do whatever I can to help that happen. All of these parties need a wakeup call. Can't EVER let it get so one sided again. We've seen what happens when there is no balance.

4. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Trappy, the Democrats are not only destroying themselves but are doing serious damage to the country also.

Healthcare is not the only reason that voters are angry, they ignored our wishes with the trillion dollar porkulus bill that they did not even bother reading before voting on, a bill that creates little if any permanent jobs. They are trying to ram thru Cap and trade which is just a energy tax on the people that can least afford it. Their messiah Hussein is a lier, everything out of his mouth has been a lie and the American people are finally starting to wake up. I love how this clown is now telling how bad banks are and need regulation, they weren't so bad when he took 900k from Goldman Sachs and their lobbyists to get elected.

Good paying Jobs are what the American people are concerned about. The Dems are failing miserably here also. All they tout are Green jobs, Green jobs are just another way for someone to steal taxpayer money without producing anything, too many people already getting a government paycheck. We are seeing the dangers of a service economy, shuffling paper electronically provides nothing but a paycheck. We need to get back to a strong manufacturing based economy providing the world with high quality American made products, this is what will produce permanent jobs.

The Dems are going to get thrown out in November, they have shown they cannot be trusted with power. The sad thing is the only alternative right now is the Republicans and they don't have much of a track record recently. Until this country has a viable independent third party I am afraid not much will change, until then I hope we continue to throw the bums out. Remember we don't work for them, they work for us.

John R

5. chuckles

chuckles Member

There is no accountability in our Government, you can do what ever you want and most likely get away with it, too many examples to list here, Barney Frank, Teddy Kennedy, Chris Dodd, and on and on and on....it will never change, its the way it is....still the best country to live in by far....you just have to figure out how to get yours and then get the mindset and get it....

Complaining is for the wimps and those that can't figure it out....

and then there is O'Riley and Beck who have become Multi Millionaires exploiting the obvious and telling us about our stupidity.....

Bottom line..."No Accountability"

You want change...???? enact laws that threaten their Pensions if caught double dealing, cheating or lying to the people they serve......

regards

6. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

What their doing is showing their supporters and the rest of the nation that niether group(rep or dem)can be trusted. Our system and way of life are in serious trouble. Neil Swenson

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Obama needs to change out his transmission if he has any hope of accomplishing anything, even in these next three years. As it looks right now, he probably wouldn't win a second term unless, God forbid, he was running against Sarah Palin.
    -Trappy

8. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"I don't know how long it's going to take for the party leaders to realize that in trying to force through this health care "reform," is single-handedly destroying their majority and credibility"

Just so you know Trappy, or whichever one of you is posting today, democrats have never had credibility. Period..

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

I wouldn't worry about it, Trappy.

I predict "Gridlock" will save his re-election. The Republicans will thwart him from doing anything too seriously bad that could harm his chances.

Once the Republicans gain sufficient leverage in Congress, the American people will feel safe again. And Obama will get re-elected easily. The economy will resuscitate sufficiently (we all hope) that he will be able to claim things are better than when he took office (although that ain't saying much). And if any hard-Lefties like Virgil are upset Obama didn't accomplish his utopian goals, Bammy will assuage them by saying it's the fault of Republican Gridlock.

It ain't a nice arrangement by any means. But as we'll increasingly learn - it's all we've got.

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Trappy,,,,still waiting on your answer....Cat got your tongue????

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Even PELOSI wants to dump it.

Like any good rat she knows when to jump ship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.