1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

the day before Fathers Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by copper, Jun 16, 2013.

1. copper

copper Member

Well the day before fathers day my Oldest Son and I spent time installing a O2 Sensor and talking. Well he is out of service after years is now going to collage full time working. We talked fathers, how in service he had met many guys that had screwed up child hoods and hated there fathers ,they had been mistreated verbally and physically. He said he just wanted to thank me for always being positive and talking to him about everything . Well I thought of my own father and how I was always proud of him his working six days a week and his time in service, though he was old school and did not we did not just talk he was a good kind man in his own way he drilled in fairness and right and wrong , And the Best excuse was no excuse . These thought and words made my Fathers day Happy Fathers Day I have two sons there are both grown men they are both kind hearted hard working honest men , I a very Lucky man

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Nice Story, I can say I am not proud of every moment of my life as a father and adult male but more good than bad ( a lot more ). That being said always room room for improvment. I just got done making breakfast for my daughters and wife ( again ) its my Sunday gig ;). Its good to know your close to your boys and you did your part.It sounds like your boy has matured nicely and thank him for his service.

Jim

3. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

did you take your son to the state shoot to help carry all the "horse" trophies back home this weekend?

your gonna hurt your back.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I just finished sharing a Father's Day pizza with my dad. He was a way better dad to me than his dad was to him. His dad was a monster who never missed a chance to belittle or beat my dad, but my dad amazingly did not pass on that behavior. I asked him why once and he said I just decided that crap was not going to be passed on to my sons, and he lived up to that. He is 92, a WWII Navy combat sailor whose electrical skills kept more than one old "brought out of mothballs" ship going.

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

My 22 yr old daughter wanted to spend the day with me today! We watched the weather and decided to take the canoe out and do some fishing, we caught a bunch of small bass and sunnies, and I found a great place to hunt ducks this fall! We both had a great time together!

6. copper

copper Member

Well with raising children there is a quote I always enjoyed, serves well . The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence . That you can apply in lots of ways ,

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Good on you Copper. Sounds like you did a good job which happens far to infrequently these days. Unfortunately my Father was much like Wireguys grandfather. I was determined not to be like him and tried to always take time out for the kids, something I never had but still God has been good to me. There's no looking back and we must do the best we can to make a difference in peoples lives. Jackie B.