1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Cream (and Crimson) has risen to the top!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The Cream and Crimson of IU has beaten the Purdont's for a share of the lead in the Big 10.

May I send my condolences to W. Layfayette and wish them a better season next year.

GO IU!!!!!!!!!

ec90t

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

the IU fans showing their lack of math skills again

PURDUE - 12-2
    Who?siers - 11-2

Yep, that means y'all are 1/2 game back -- not sharing the lead. The only thing the Who?siers are sharing is second place with Wisconsin.

Oh yeah and we will still have the same head coach we started the season with come Saturday.

Needling aside, me and a rabid IU fan friend of mine talked after the game -- neither team should have won this game. IUs number of turnovers (23 with a -18 turnover margin) and piss poor defense (Purdue had a least 15 wide open threes and about 10-15 uncontested layups) and PUs awful shooting (take your pick: 34.7 FG %, 24.1% 3 point or 52.4% FT -- this from a team averaging 75% from the charity stripe) would mean that if either team went to the NIT tonight, neither would win the 1st round. I don't know what the hell happened to the water in the arena, but both teams were drinking it. IU was ungodly from the FT line and that is what really did it for them (+19 point margin).

Now this makes the chase for the Big Ten Regular Season crown very interesting. Purdue has 1 game left against a team with winning big 10 record & 2 home & 2 away games, while IU has 2 winning record teams left and 2 home and 2 away games. And don't count out Wiscy yet...

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I agree John. It wasn't pretty.

I just count the losses. I know Indiana is one game behind (played) because of the schedule.

Go figure this: Purdue has beaten Wis. twice and Wis has beaten IU twice. The Big 10 is what it is.

IU definitly has there work cut out for the rest of the season!

On a side note, it's good to see so many teams from Idiana playing well this year. Butler is still leading the way though.

ec90t

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

So.......When are they going to fire Sampson go after Steve Alford? lol

Hauxfan!

5. jlb

jlb Member

During a discussion with my wife concerning the IU basketball problems and the often repeated suggestion that Steve Alford, UNM’s BB coach, would be at IU next year she suggested that to insure consistency, given UNM’s problems with following NCAA rules, that UNM should trade for the IU coach.

6. jlb

jlb Member

During a discussion with my wife concerning the IU basketball problems and the often repeated suggestion that Steve Alford, UNM’s BB coach, would be at IU next year she suggested that to insure consistency, given UNM’s problems with following NCAA rules, that UNM should trade for the IU coach.

7. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

I light of the NCAA investigation, the "Cream and Crimson" have sunk to the bottom...............Roger

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I thought it was a great game. Not well played, but still a great game. IU turned the ball over 20 plus times, and Purdon't wasn't hitting their 3 point shots at the rate they normally sink them. Damn D class shooters.

I was impressed by the Boilerwankers not giving up when they were down 12 to 14 points in the 2nd half. I was thinking- "don't those clowns know it's over", but they kept on playing and made a run of it.

My only regret is that IU doesn't get to go to Mackey and kick butt up there.

Purdue is for people who couldn't get into Ivy Tech.

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Bisi,

Your last sentence is priceless!!!!!

Roger,

I'll disagree with you a bit on your statement. If IU was truly a school who wins at all costs, they would have swept this under the rug until the season was over. The integrity of the school has never been questioned and never will! They will do what it takes to make things right. That's just the way it is.

It will be interesting when Coach Sampson gets his say. He's been a true gentleman about this and hasn't pleaded his case with the press. He will have his say when it's time.

ec90t

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Looks like Kelvin is out. ESPN is reporting he took a 750K buyout.

Making too many phone calls. To me that is not a "hanging" offense. Sort of like driving 63 in a 55mph zone.

11. Robb

Robb Member

Sure would like to know what Bob is thinking.

12. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

What I don't understand is why Sampson was hired in the first place? He was under investigation where he was at and the people at Indiana had to have known that. Now in the zest for trying to attain the best coach they could find they have put their program in the hands of the infractions people of the NCAA.I guess they had a self destruction mode on the Basketball program. Just doesn't make sense to me. I guess they had the extra 3/4's million laying around gathering dust so they decided to try to get away with some infractions and if they did great and if they didn't they could fire the coach and buy him out. That's my honest opinion. I also think those that did the hiring ought to get their own positions put at risk with the university. Know what I mean? Dan

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Well I hope than Coach Dockitch can finish what was started. The boys deserve to have a good run in the tournament this year.

I would tend to think that the general has a bit of a smirk about his face!

Dan,

IU only had to shell out $200,000. The other $550,000 came from an anonamous source (Mark Cuban maybe, he is an IU alumnist).

I agree that the AD should be held accountable. He was the one that pushed for Sampson's hirring. I can understand believing the best in a person, but you also need to be realistic. I loved the way Sampson coached and treated his players, but have to also play by the rules.

I have been a fan of IU for as long as I can remeber!I just hope they can find a coach that has integrity so they can put this all behind them.

Bisi,

I don't think it was the infractions themselves that caused so much of the ruckus. I believe it was the lies that sealed Sampson's fate.

ec90t

14. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

ec90t, I to am an IU fan of sorts, but to hire a guy who was in trouble when he left OU was not in the best interests of the university, only the basketball team. I think IU is not much different than most. Bob Knight ran the program the way all should be run. Most Alums were afraid to tamper and he was above it. Sampson was not only a cheat but also a liar. And please don't call him a gentleman this guy is no good for the sport. I am sure IU will move on just fine.....Roger.....by the way, I was Roger (IL). Couldn't get the log in to work so changed my name.

15. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Coach Dokich got his first win yesterday as IU's interim coach. I don't think that I've seen Northwestern play that well in my life. It was a hard fought game that was fun to watch.

Now it's OSU at home Tuesday and then onto East Lansing.

Roger(IL),

Point well taken.

ec90t

16. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

hmmm what happened at MSU?

17. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jevoliva.........By the looks of the score, that must have been an old fashioned "beat down".

Didn't see the game but was surprised when I saw the score.

What happened?

Hauxfan!

18. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Well since MSU was shooting 80% in the first half and nearly that in the second half, it's not too hard to figure the outcome.

The boys didn't play all that badly. MSU just had the game of their life and IU wasn't prepared for it.

We'll see what happens here in Indy in a couple of weeks.

ec90t

19. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

ec90t...actually we will see in the NCAA tourney. Probably a five? BTW, what is the best Internet site you have found for coverage of the Cream and Crimson? GO I.U.!

Charles I.U. (J.D.) '66

20. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Charles,

I agree if IU doesn't win the Big 10 Tourney. Winning the tourney would bring them up to a #2 seed I would think.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.