1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Country of Texas.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ruck, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

THE COUNTRY OF TEXAS

Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union . (Reference the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848.)

We Texans love y'all, but we'll probably have to take action since B. Hussein Obama won the election. We'll miss you too.

Here is what can happen:

#1: Barack Hussein Obama becomes President of the United States , Texas immediately secedes from the Union .

#2: George W. Bush will become the President of the Republic of Texas .

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston , Texas . We will control the space industry.

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .

3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas ," will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications--small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. Dallas has some of the best hospitals in the United States .

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University of Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston , Baylor, UNT ( University of North Texas ), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers. We could just open the border when we need some more.

10. We have essential control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama:

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.

You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.

Signed, The People of Texas

P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about!

SLEEP WELL TONIGHT THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!

2. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Ehh, are the borders closed or can I still re locate there ?

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Hurry. In order to come you have to believe in God, country (Texas), be kind to children and ladies, speak english, and be willing to carry guns. :D

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Scariest thing a Texan ever sees......a Yankee pullin' a U-Haul trailer!!! LOL!!

Ken

5. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

<EMBED SRC=http://www.lsjunction.com/midi/waltz2tx.mid" HIDDEN="true" AUTOSTART="true" Loop="true">

6. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Can Texas annex Ohio? or maybe just my county?

7. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

John Malcom - The NSC belongs to the NSSA. You will have to seek an answer from the skeet shooters on that. See above for a great place to shoot trap when in San Antonio. Jimmy Borum

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Ok Ruck,

How'd you attach the music?

The best way to humble a Texan is to tell them that if Alaska was cut in half, Texas would be the third largest state. Lol.

Great thread though.

ec90t

9. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

jbbor......From the web site you posted,that club says it's the oldest active club in the country BUT there is another club in Pa, the South End Gun Club that says they are the oldest active club in the USA......Who's right ?
    Just wondering ......

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Don't mess with Texas? California, is the only self-substaining state in the union, with I might add, the 5th largest economy in the world. And I don't live in California nor Texas. Just the facts............

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Now if Texas just had a football team of National Championship potential, it would be all set.

12. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Hmmm Hmmm,looks like Texas (where our daughter lives, Austin) and Alaska may be in for a large population increase???? And not all from south of the border!!!
    Ross

13. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

I guess if you melt all of the ice in Alaska, Texas would probably be bigger. The Deal with San Antonio Gun Club being old, it was never closed during all of the earlier wars, In fact there was a Dirigible pilot training base just south of where the club is. Also it has not always been in the location where it is today.
    NSC is not open to the Public on a daily basis. As it is the offices of NSSA and NSCA.

14. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

shot410ga - I'll take Texas and it's immigrant problem over the social enlightenment that emanates from California on a daily basis. I was stationed at Port Hueneme in 69 / 71. I left there after coming home from Viet Nam for discharging and promised my self to never return and, so far, I've kept that promise. Jimmy Borum

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Crab, there is another club in Pa."Allegheny Country Rifle Club" established in the very early part of the 20th century. The club is over 100 years old. Bulge

16. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

One good "Texas Kegger" could use up most of the ice in Alaska...LOL!!!California?? Oh,PLEEEEZE!!!

Ken

17. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Hey Ruck, we feel the same way in Alberta regarding the rest of Canada....we got the oil...and you don't...and to quote one of our leaders...let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark!

Big Ron

18. 46_trap

46_trap TS Member

Hellow Ruck,
    As far as I can find, me thinks that you are full of it. Ofcourse that is a Texas tredition. There is no Texas-American Treaty of 1848
    There is "The Treaty of Annexation-Texas April 12, 1844> This is the treaty that allows Texas to become a State.
    Texas was part of a rebellion, in which the United States won. Sorry Texas is a state in the United States.
    I did find a blog with the same misinformation You would be surprised at what you can find on the internet
    I found that I have shot 50 100 streights and have an average of 99.8.. If you believe that, then I am sure that you will be pulled into other stories.

Bud

19. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Actually, the right to secede comes from the end of the War Between the States....all the other Confederate states had to sign a document agreeing to never secede again. Texas refused to sign and was readmitted anyway. Or so the story goes....the fact is , all you naysayers are just JEALOUS!!!....LOL!!!

Ken

20. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Come on down, MC!! We got room for a few good guys like you!!

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.