1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The conversion for PSI To LUP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CAMOTRAP, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CAMOTRAP

CAMOTRAP TS Member

I have done a little looking in on the relation from PSI to LUP but unable to find a conversion

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Doesn't convert, there is absolutely no relationship b/w one another.

Kinda like trying to convert apples to oranges.

One is a length/thickness measurement (LUP or CUP, which uses a lead or copper pellet, which is placed in a testing gun, and after its fired, the original thickness is compared to the new thickness after the pellet is crushed by pressure), the other, PSI, is an actual pressure measurement, and is much more accurate.

LUP was the height of technology for its day, we have progressed beyond that now, and most LUP and CUP data is obsolete.

3. CAMOTRAP

CAMOTRAP TS Member

Thanks.more questions im a new trap shooter two years,i have tried Red dot,Promo,and international clays all with AA hulls and Chedite primers,CB wads i am trying to load 1.125 oz loads at 1250 fps and keep the LUP under 9300 or the PSI under 10100 any other powder,wad combo ?

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'd suggest you start a new thread with that question, you're likely to get more traffic that way. I don't load 12ga presently, so I can't help you on the load other than to suggest to check out the Alliant and Hodgdon websites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

convert lup to psi

lup to psi conversion

lup vs psi