1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Community Support Team

Discussion in 'Site Help and Support' started by VSAdmin, May 13, 2016.

1. VSAdmin

VSAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Hello,

I would like to take a moment to introduce you to the Community Support Team. We handle all reported issues on the site. If you notice an issue with the site or your account please create a thread in the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments section of the site or send us a PM.

There are 12 members of the Team: Helena, Danniella, Kyle, Glenda, Sheena, Phil, Jeff M, Jeff B, Lee, Kevin, Richard, and Angela.

Thank you

The Community Support Team

2. wvskeet

wvskeet TS Member

I too have "insufficient privilege" to reply to For Sale ads, even though I have been a "member" for over 5 years. I thought the purpose of the Forum was for members to sell items. I would like to buy an item, but can't reply. Doesn't make sense to me.

rbphoto thanked this.
  3. OSOKILL

OSOKILL Administrator Staff Member

the purpose of the forum is for discussion. the sales area is for a member to sell a used item they no longer need. to use the sales area you have to participate in the discussions. so you need to make 48 QUALITY posts that contribute something of value to the forum.

so just so you are aware when you start participating, if yer posting senseless crap plan on having it deleted and you getting a time out so make em good ones ok :))

4. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

wvskeet, Here is some input on your question.
    TRAPSHOOTERS.COM was founded as a trapshooting discussion forum first and foremost with a for sale by participating members and a vendors section secondary to the discussion part.

If the sole purpose of Trapshooters.com was to just be a sales site then we would just be like gunbroker---guns America and the various other online sites that are out there.

So to understand you correctly you are saying that the purpose of the forum is for members to sell items??????
    The basic definition of a FORUM is a place either public or online that is used for discussion of topics.

At times we see members who are not on the forum a lot so are surprised when there was a change in there rules for access to the for sale by members ect. Please read the rules at the top of the for sale section. Thanks George

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hello, My ad in the members section disappeared. It was for a Winchester Model 12. Let me know whats up. Thanks, Jeff

6. OSOKILL

you had multiple open ads read the rules

7. bigbore613

Where are they ?

8. bigbore613

Instead of telling me to read the rules why not tell me what's wrong? We can only post one ad ? That is really not clear. Thanks for the heads up.

9. OSOKILL

I did tell you what was wrong multiple open ads. they were deleted.
    For Sale - RULES FOR USING THE FOR SALE BY MEMBERS/WANT TO BUY/WANT TO TRADE SECTIONS
    take note of section 4. I even pasted it here to make it easier for ya.
    HOW MANY ADS CAN A MEMBER POST?
    • A member can have ONE ad running at a time till marked SOLD
    • LISTING ONLY ONE FIREARM AT A TIME IS ALLOWED.
    • ONE USED ITEM PER AD AT A TIME until it is marked SOLD!
    • Multiple items can only be listed if it is a "set" and all items sell for one set price.

10. bigbore613

Thanks, all things change. It would be nice if instead of dropping ads the first would stay. and the next not posted. I am a long time member.

11. OSOKILL

long time members that are active on the forum should KNOW the rules from all the active topics on the subject. when the rules are broken all ads go.

12. bigbore613

No need to shout and be a smart guy. Thanks.

13. OSOKILL

not shouting just emphasizing the word :)

14. bigbore613

I have enjoyed this site for a long time. Love to help, ask any of the old timers.

George MT. and OSOKILL thanked this.
  15. Popo

Popo Member

Could you please let me know how many posts I need to reply to a gun for sale. I don't see it in my information. Thanks
    Popo

16. Popo

Popo Member

Or I should say how many more do I need

17. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

If you look at your membership block where your screen name is on the left hand side you will see the following:
    MEASSAGES: 39

so you need 11 posts to reach the 50 post threshold. Please follow the posting rules for decent open forum posts. Thanks George

18. Popo

Popo Member

Thank you. I didn't look close enough to find that. As always I'll follow the rules.
    Popo

19. hjohn

hjohn TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think I extended my status as a site "supporter " but have not received confirmation. Wondering if I did something incorrectly.

Thanks for your time.

Joe Bettacchi

20. OSOKILL

Joe, it shows you are updated through 2018