1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Canadians St. Thomas

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Boss302, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boss302

Boss302 TS Member

Thanks to the St. Thomas gun club for hosting the 2011 Canadian Trap shooting tournament. The Executive and Members did a fantastic job. The grounds were in great shape and the new bathrooms are fantastic. This small club of only 10 traps can be proud of themselves for keeping the shoot running smoothly and well organized.
    This takes a lot of work and you did it well.

2. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

I too wish to thank all who worked hard to make the 2011 Canadian Championships not only a huge success but a most enjoyable 5 days for me. It was so good to visit with my trapshooting friends across the boarder and their hospitality was second to none. I appreciated the invitation and made a lot of new friends.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the display of old targets, traps and books on Canada's long history of trapshooting. Most were amazed to learn about James Ward, Canada's champion in 1871 who shot a match at Toronto, Canada, with Captain Bogardus, the champion shot of the United States. The contest was a 100 snow bird match in which Ward won with 66 to Bogardus' 65. Oh, did I mention that Mr. Ward was a one-armed shooter?

A hearty final thanks to the OPTA officers & directors as well as Pam Muma and gang from the St. Thomas GC. Everyone worked tirelessly and sometimes under some severe weather conditions.

Kenny Ray Estes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.