1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

The bullying of Karen Klein on that school bus

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Active Member

Hello:
    A few days ago I saw the news report of those children bullying Karen Klein on that school bus. I very seldom get upset to the point that I would have liked to have handled the discipline of these children myself.

What is happening to a small percentage of our children in this country? What should be done to these children and should we revert to 1950's type discipline of our children? As a child I would have never been so disrespectful to an elderly person.
    Steve Balistreri
  2. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

my wife works for that school district - and we live in the next town over
    it was absolutley horrible what those kids did !!!!!
    i feel they should not be allowed in public school - they should have to be home schooled at the parents expense.

kevin
  3. senior smoke

senior smoke Active Member

Kevin:
    I believe that some parents of today should stop trying to be the friends of their children and instead be and act like parents. I also feel that this incident was a big wake up call for a lot of people who viewed the incident.
    Steve
  4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Since she is now $500,000 richer I can't get too worked up about it. I volunteer to take a few minutes of verbal abuse for that payoff. Beware of taking anything on YouTube at face value- lots of hoaxes out there. Not saying this is one but it sure could be.
  5. bkt514

bkt514 Member

Yes a big wake-up call! Unfortunately this behavior is tolerated in so many schools and homes all across America (many not all). Many Americans do need to wake up! My butt would have been tanned.....because I was taught respect of my parents, teachers, and the elderly! I was made to stand up when a woman came into the room...offer my seat to the elderly... wash up before Supper...and to take my hat off when I came into the house! My parents would never allows us children embarrass them in front of teachers, police, fire, or the elderly. My smart mouth got me kicked off the bus....and my father saw to it that I walked to school....3 miles...and was in my class seat on time!
  6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It was the best of times and the worst of times.

Those kids should have their a$$** whipped and whipped good.

Nobody could see it coming but this is the best thing that every happened to that woman. Like Galt said above she is now a half million dollars richer. She ain't going to be a school bus monitor anymore.

With the depressed real estate prices - I would be saying - hello foreclosed condo on the beach somewhere in FL.
  7. quartering

quartering Active Member

why couldn't i have thought of this: it's the perfect scam. take the money and run, karen!
  8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

Parents don't care. Thats the schools problem. If you do anything you will be sued by the parents for what ever reason. Schools are to scared to crack the whip on lids and the kids know it.

In my area a school bus drver had a fight brake out on the bus. He tried to brake it up and got a bloody nose and then was fired because he touched the kids. He did his job and got fired.

Get the kids off the bus and have the parents drive them to school for a month and the parents who have to do so will lay down the LAW to the brat's. Second time 2 months and a week off from school. Do that till they learn how to act in public.
  9. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

In my day those kids would've been kicked off the bus right there and then not allowed to ride the bus for the remainder of the school year. Maybe the parents would teach their kids a little respect if they had to drive the little darlings to school and back themselves or make 'em walk?
  10. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Active Member

The behavior of these "children" was inexcusable. They should be punished to the full extent of the law. However, why was a 68 year old woman with obvious weight issues a "monitor" on a school bus? She couldn't defend herself much less deal with issues that came up on the bus. Were they just giving her a job riding a bus because she could possibly no longer safely drive a bus?

Also why didn't the bus driver stop the bus and put a stop to this?
  11. skeet_man

skeet_man Active Member

I watched this video for about 2 minutes last night, that was all I could stand without going ballistic. Absolutely ridiculous and atrocious. That district is about 20 minutes from me I'm ashamed to say. I believe something along the lines of "summer detention" at the school would be appropriate.

That being said, it strikes me as strange that the monitor did nothing to end the confrontation. It would have been easy to get up and move to the front of the bus so as to at least remove herself from the situation, speak with the bus driver, radio the district office, ect. However, I got the impression that this incident started well before the video started, so I doubt anyone knows the whole story except those who were involved.

There's no way this was staged for profit. This lady had no clue that someone completely outside the situation was going to start a website to solicit donations on her behalf. Their goal was to raise $5k, so far they are at $600k+.
  12. halfmile

halfmile Active Member

Not a hoax, all over Fox News, and the school board is going to deal with the little bastards. The local DA is pondering the case too.

HM
  13. shot410ga

shot410ga TS Member

My dad would ave beat me half to death, Then humiliated me some way in front of the school and the lady.
  14. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

If I had of been one of those 'jackasses', I would still be digging my Dad's shoe out of my a$$! And Dad passed in 1975!
  15. porky

porky TS Member

The little lady isn't going to quit. She said that she is going to get a new bus, but that she did want a personal apology out of each and everyone of those kids. In as far as the law is concerned, what can they really do to the kids except to hurt the parents in the wallets with fines and having to get lawyers to represent them and the kids in court. Maybe some probation would help, but there isn't any real teeth in anti-bullying for kids that age. Maybe the parents should have a good switching, but that would evoke real sympathy here in NY State. Perhaps make the kids do community work, but not in groups. The little nasty &)*&*#@s feed off of each other in groups. That's where they get their strength is in groups.
  16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

When I was a kid you would have been kicked off the bus for the remainder of the school year or the next school year and your parents would have to drive you to school or you walked. The principal would have paddled your behind. And when you got home you'd get the razor strap on top of that, plus being grounded for quite a while. Not to mention giving an apology that if not true and sincere would result in another razor strap session.
  17. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Ever notice how young parents refer to their kids as buddy? The kids don't want a buddy, they have lots of them, they want a parent to set boundaries and provide guidance.

Ever notice how parents to day speak to their children in questions? Go to a MacDonalds and sit for a while and watch the interaction of kids and their parents. Who's in charge? It sure isn't the parents.

Most of them are afraid of their children and won't set goals and expectations for fear that the kids won't like them.
  18. quartering

quartering Active Member

no volunteers to be a bus monitor?
  19. quartering

quartering Active Member

looks like it could pay up to $500,000 a week!
  20. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Just wait until the kids demand a share of the 600k- after all, they were essential to the action. LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.