1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

the Browning 725 is a smaller 12 gauge...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

here it is sitting below my 2010 Shot Show Special 20 gauge White Lightning with 30" barrels. Other than an additional 2" added length to the 725's barrels, everything else is pretty much the same size. The reduced size receiver and lighter barrels make the 725 a very quick, smooth swinging and very easy to shoot. The mechanical triggers alone are worth the ride. Best 12 gauge O/U from Browning ever, IMHO...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

A sporting 32 in. is my next gun,do these come with cast ? palm swell ?
    I shoot a blued 34 in. unsingle now,love it. ( Browning)
    Cant afford P or K or Kolars CG.............

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That would be a real nice gun if you could get it without porting. I like the direction Browning is taking. That gun may be quick as my 686 White Onyx sporter w/32" barrels.

ss

4. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I agree with short shucker 100%!! Without the porting I would be a buyer. Best Regards, Ed

5. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Slugo -- Curious, what is the weight of ust the barrel?? Joe

6. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Friends,

Just a comment re the mechanical trigger on the 725's....it certainly can't hurt anything and I'd consider it an improvement. However, I own four Citori guns including an original 1978 Trap O/U, a mid-80's .410 field gun for doves and quail, a late 80's four-barrel skeet set, and an XS Sporting (12 Ga.), and if I've ever had an inertia block failure to reset, I can't think of it, even with either of the .410's. That system has proved to be very reliable in my experience. Again, the mechanical trigger in the 725 series is an "improvement" in my eyes as well, but not certain they didn't fix a non-existent problem. Seems most of the Browning models are very reliable.

Cheers

Larry

7. Slugo

Slugo Member

the mechanical triggers are much smoother. I have a number of Citori target guns and can say that with some authority. The 725 triggers break at about 3-1/2 lbs. The inertia trigger guns are much heavier and less crisp...

8. Slugo

Slugo Member

here are two of my 12 gauge Citori target guns I sold to help finance the new 725. Both were in almost mint condition, never a problem with either. Both were 30" models. Loved the guns for many years, but their handling characteristics were like comparing a mail truck to a new Vette! I really hated to part with them, but the 725 is such a different gun in all aspects...

[​IMG]

9. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Were your scores about the same right out of the box with the new one or is there going to be a bit of a learning with the new one? Did you shoot better? I've seen that many times on the first trip out with a new shooting iron. My buddies and I shoot Citori Sportings each a bit different in generations and when we swap around they roughly shoot the same.

10. mikey357

mikey357 Active Member

I'm curious...what is the Overall Weight of the 725? Thanks....Mike S.

11. Slugo

Slugo Member

scores were about the same, but I was much less tired after 100 sporting clays and 25 wobble trap. The balance and weight made a big difference in the end. But, my scores should increase a tad with the new gun. I said, should!!

12. Slugo

Slugo Member

the weight of the 725 32" model is around 7-lb/10-oz - Roughly 6 to 7 ounces lighter than the two Citoris I posted above...

13. Slugo

Slugo Member

let me get back on track here. I don't want anybody to think I'm boasting the 725 as the end all of all Brownings. That is simply NOT true. I've been shooting Brownings 90% of the time since 1992 when I began shooting sporting clays. My other Browning Citoris are superb guns that I will cherish forever. Yes, I really like the new one, but if it hadn't come along, it wouldn't have mattered. To me the Browning Citori, no matter which model, is a gun of proven reliability and superb shooting qualities...

14. Slugo

Slugo Member

Railroad tie, very funny. That RR tie has stood the test of time and continues to do so, more than any other stackbarrels made. Cheers to JMB...

15. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I shot a 32 inch barrel demo gun at skeet. Liked everything about the gun, expect one thing, recoil. Two others that used the gun for sporting clays, and trap said the same thing, recoil. 10Tenner

16. Slugo

Slugo Member

RECOIL!!! You must be kidding, there is none! What are you shooting to compare it to, a Daisy BB gun... LOLOL

17. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

You have to remember fit Slugo. The stock that fits you, may not fit the next guy so the felt recoil will be more. Since the 725 is lighter than its predessesors the felt recoil will be more all thing equal.

I have a B. Rizzini with 29 1/2" barrels that barely tips the scales at 7 lbs. It is a lightning fast gun with an awesome trigger, but will pound you pretty good after shooting a couple of rounds of sporting using 1 1/8oz loads. The gun has been fitted to me to ease this as much as possible. The gun is a delight to shoot with 1oz and 7/8oz shells.

ss

18. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Slugo:

Since that 725 is treating you so well....let's make a deal on that 2010 Shot Show White Lightning. Looks like a damn nice gun you don't need anymore.

19. paul7177

paul7177 Member

I wonder if they will be making a TRAP version?

20. Slugo

Slugo Member

AEST BOSS, I have a handful of guys badgering me about my 20g Shot Show White Lightning!! Now I can add you to the list... ;) LOL

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning 725 eliability
browning 725 field picture
browning 725 sporting 20 gauge
browning b725 trap
browning citori or rizzini lighter

browning citori white lightning for sale

citori lightning vs 725 trigger
compare rizzini with browning citori