1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The 'Break' in a curve ball.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Billster, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billster

Billster TS Member

The

This entire game hinges on the eyes (I'm FINALLY beginning to realize) - 'eye hold' 'eye hold' 'eye hold', etc. Ran across this illustration that sort of 'defines' the breaking curveball. Probably has nothing to do with how we see the targets but found it interesting anyhow. Thought I'd share it. Things aren't always what they seem.

Sitting here on the fookin' computer when I shoulda been at Elysburg. Ouch.

Smoke 'em all!
    Bill Stengel

2. Billster

Billster TS Member

The

This entire game hinges on the eyes (I'm FINALLY beginning to realize) - 'eye hold' 'eye hold' 'eye hold', etc. Ran across this illustration that sort of 'defines' the breaking curveball. Probably has nothing to do with how we see the targets but found it interesting anyhow. Thought I'd share it. Things aren't always what they seem.

Sitting here on the fookin' computer when I shoulda been at Elysburg. Ouch.

Smoke 'em all!
    Bill Stengel

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Except "real" curveballs really do curve. Its not an optical illusion.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I was a catcher. I've caught guys that could make that ball dance. The hard part is getting it over the plate. They are real. Try catching a good one.....

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Me too (catcher that is.)

Played adult amateur baseball until a few years ago. Batted against a few former major leaguers (Mark Huisman, Marty Pattin, Jeff Montgomery, Danny Jackson - from the 1985 Royals World Series Team)

Curveballs are real.

Sliders are just plain nasty.

6. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Dizzie Dean said that if you don't think I can make a ball curve just go stand about five yards behind that tree and see if I can hit you!

7. jhoward

jhoward Member

Curveballs are easy to see the curve and understand. Knuckleballs on the other hand, there's no predicting where they will go. That's why teams trade a knuckleball pitcher are often forced to trade their catcher with him.

8. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I think the catcher has to be more talented than the pitcher. He has to catch those balls!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.