1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The BIG money........Did..

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by genet1, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genet1

genet1 TS Member

I have a question about the shootoff.

You had to win a prior handicap event to be in the money shoot, Right?
    So you have at that time a punch for at least 2 1/2 yards because of the amount of shooters in the event. And if you shoot in any other Handi events during the grand you would have the chance to be moved back again, Right?

What yardage did these shot yardage shooters start at and did they shoot there new asigned yardage for the money?

I thought that you have to move to your new spot for each time you might shoot Handi if you get punches.

Some that has the rules should know this right off I don't and that why I am asking.

Gene

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Not for shootoff nor 'special events'. There are rules posted specific to the 100k shootoff.

3. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

Rule number two for the $100K challenge taken off the ATA web site .....

"2) $100,000 GAC competitors will shoot off from the yardage in which he/she qualified."

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You also didn't have to win a Handicap Event to get in. The 8th spot was awarded to the HOA of the 1000 target Martin Events which was Harlan Campbell who didn't win any Handicap Event. The final spot was a random drawing of all participants in the 10 days of Handicap Events. Once the name was drawn you had 1 minute to make yourself visible and 15 minutes to get ready. They then made sure you had competed in at least 4 handicap events over the 10 days(which was in the rules). The first guy drawn was a no show. They then went back to the drawing and picked another name. She made sure she was seen. LOL

5. genet1

genet1 TS Member

Ok,

Then here is my next question.

I have not shot enought targets the year and I want a shot at this so I sign up to shoot.
    I am at 22 1/2 yards but I shoot penalty yardage which I think is 25 yards and I win a event at the long stuff, what happens now? Do I shoot short or long?

And the Martin lewis, Can you tell me what events I had to enter into to get a shot at the over all lewis?

Gene

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you shoot penality yardage at the Grand(for you probably 25yds) and you get a punch, WELCOME to your new permenant yardage. You won't be going back to 22 1/2. As for what events to be eligible for the Martin Lewis, it was all Events Grand week with the exception of the extra Doubles Event held on Thursday afternoon. I don't know next years schedule so i can't answer what you'll need to shoot then.

7. John55

John55 Active Member

Next year's format will be the same as this year's, except for the extra $50k the Martins are putting up just for the ladies. Harlan was the 9th person to be included, there were 8 handicap winners plus he and the lady.

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Genet -

Read the prior posts to answer your last question.

"2) $100,000 GAC competitors will shoot off from the yardage in which he/she qualified."

Doesn't matter if you are shooting your yardage or penalty, if you qualify you shoot from the yardage in (at) which you qualified.

You only had to enter one event to be eligible for the HOA lewis. Event 13 on Monday, the Class Singles, was the event that you had the option of paying the $200 entry for the Martin Lewis Class event. It wouldn't make much sense to enter pay the $200 and only shoot one event if you expected to have a chance to win part of the HOA lewis purse, but that was the only event that you "had" to enter.

Scott

9. genet1

genet1 TS Member

Scott,

Thanks for the info. I would shoot the program as you said and shoot the grand week but what I thought I had heard was you had to shoot all of the Handi events to get in.

That would mean the pre-grand week as well.

So what it is the Grand week all events that would make up the total 1000 targets to shoot for. It also looks that you could win in this type of lewis several times. Right?

Gene

10. pullll

pullll Member

If you qualified, won, for the $100K you needed to shoot at least four of the eight HCs. You did not need to enter any purses in any of the competition to be in the $100K shoot off. I do not think Hunter Baughman played any purses when he won event #16. There may be others who qualified and did not play any purses but I haven't checked. The reason I was curious is because the winner of #16 handicap had the only 100 for the event and I wondered what the 100 paid. He still received the $500. championship money and the $5K the Martins awarded the nine qualifiers. Great shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.