1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Big Easy - Nawleens

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

It looks like I am going to have to spend a few days down in The Big Easy in the near future and am wondering about the chances to shoot in the area. I wont be traveling with a gun and wont be renting a car but if memory serves me correctly there was a club on the other side of the river from the city that was not all that far from the river.

I cant remember the name of the club but would anyone possibly from the area know of it? Chances are I could only shoot on possibly a weekday afternoon which kind of limits it even more but ... depending on the club, the availability of rental/loaner guns, distance from the ferry by cab and how much I've had to eat and the amount of Abita's the night before I might as well not plan on shooting ... please ignore the above request for information unless you could help me out with the name or phone # of the place.

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

SLGC
    South Louisiana
    Gun Club
    Bridge City, LA

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yep, thats the place. Now to give them a call to see if there hours work with the time it looks like a few of us might have and to see if they have guns available.

Chances are we wont be able to shoot but dang if I can I'm going to ... maybe.

4. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob TS Member

Man New Orleans
    Keep an eye out for Dr John

Sideshow Bob
    Downunder

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

I could take a gun since I have non-stop flights but I aint going just to shoot. I might shoot if I have time and that is always hard to get when in the Big Easy.

6. bkms

bkms Member

Mike (perazzibigbore) lives in that area and can tell you anything you want to know about that club. He used to shoot there but now shoots at Hunters run in Baton Rouge. He left for Italy this past wednesday i think and will back early in april. If your not going for a few weeks, he will be back on the trapshooters board soon and he monitors it daily. I wouldnt be suprised if he gets on from Italy while he is gone. Good luck, bob........

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

"Nawleens"??

Guys I knew in the Army from down there all pronounced it more like "Nawlins" lol

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.