1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Better Shotmaker

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JWS, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWS

JWS Member

0   0   0

This is a picture of my Double Bowl machine. It does show the "Permacoating" on the lip of the machines. October is here and before anyone knows it Christmas will be upon us. All of my machines- Single Bowl or Double Bowl- Standard or Black Max- are in stock.

Standard machines can handle Double drippers #8, # 8 1/2, or #9.
    Black Max machines can handle Double drippers #7 1/2, #8, #8 1/2, or #9.
    Only the Black Max machine will handle making #6 shot.

If you want to make #9 shot you must use 100% car wheel weights. Soft lead in any fashion will not work to make #9 shot.

I will be attending the Tulsa Gun Show in November if the weather holds good in Oklahoma. I will have wireless connection to view messages daily and will return phone calls as quickly as possible. I will update everyone on a possible traveling phone number as the show gets closer.

Look forward to hearing from anyone interested in making their own shot. I can be reached at 256-587-0107. If I am not at the phone please leave your name and phone number on the recorder (I do not have Caller ID) and I will return your call.
    Shotmaker-James Stewart

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

How is the quality, compared to factory, of the shot that this produces? Any videos of it in action?

3. JWS

JWS Member

0   0   0

Rich 219:
    Thequality is as good as factory made shot and you don't need the shot tower to make it. I do not have any videos of my machine in action. If you search SCOTT K on TS.com he put up some outstanding videos a while back of my machine at work. You can also call me at 256-587-0107 and we can discuss your needs.
    Shotmaker-James Stewart

4. JWS

JWS Member

0   0   0

^^^

5. 686

686 TS Member

0   0   0

Hay jim. i was getting low on shot so i fired up my max #7 1/2 double dripper yesterday. i had not made any shot in almost a yr. it took about 5 lbs. to start and i was off and running. 3 hrs latter i had 250 lbs of good shot. i think i will make 1000 lb then set up my #8 mechine for 1000. well i guess i will make some #9 as well. if you can get ww it is fun making shot and sale some so you can shoot for free. grate mechines. i have made a lot of shot and to try and run 2 mechines at a time is hard and will keep you on your toes. i have done it 2-3 times. keep up the good work. charles in fl.

6. JWS

JWS Member

0   0   0

686 Charles:
    Good to hear from you. Its been a while but it looks like you have come to life again. Happy Shotmaking! James Stewart

7. 686

686 TS Member

0   0   0

I GOT HOME EARLY YESTERDAY. I FIRED UP THE DOUBLE laddel-double drippers # 9 shot mechine. i said what the heck and turned on the black max with double # 7 1/2 drippers. i was dumping the 3 basket every 10 min. i made 650 lbs. of good shot. another run with the #9 mechine and then i will change it out and put up my # 8 double dripper. the # 9 mechine had not beed run in about a year. it started up like it left off, grate. i know making shot is not for every one , but is you have ever casted bullets then you can make shot. the name of the game it start getting wheel weights. thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.