1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Better Shotmaker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JWS, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWS

JWS Member

Hope everyone is attending their State Shoots, Zone Shoots, and in August
    the Grand American. I realize attendance is down at all major events. The individual clubs are hurting also. Its not getting any cheaper to shoot so why not lower the playing field a little by making your own shot and reloading your own shells. You can make a bag of shot for $3.00 to $5.00 with a little time and effort, then reload your shells, and still go out on the field and break those 100 straights. For more information call me at 256-587-0107 or visit my web page and then call me. I want to meet your shooting needs.

I collect Winchester Pre64 Model 70's, 61's, and 63's. We might talk some kind of a trade if you have one of these and are interested. call and talk to me.
    Shotmaker
    James Stewart

2. JWS

JWS Member

Well! I was out of town most of last week.
    Picked up my email messages daily.
    tried to pick up my telephone messages and when Igot home found out I had no telephone dial since at least Friday on. It took all day today for my great phone company to answer my call of distress fron a neighbors home. Seems there were some pretty good Thunder & Lightning storms on friday that knocked out alot of the phones on my road.
    So if you tried calling me and never got an answer or the recorder then I apologize for your inconvenience. I was in the shop all day today as I had told someone on email. Lets hope all stays connected andI can receive your calls in the future.
    Thanks,
    James Stewart
    Shotmaker

3. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

jim ,why did you let me up grade from my better shotmaker to the black max?now i have so mutch shot made i cant make any moore untill this fall.with my better shot maker i was abel to spend moore time in the shop making shot,no time for the honey do's,now that i have moore time, the boss(sue)keeps me busy with the honey do's.can i trade my black max back for a slower better shot maker?just kidding,for the best in customer service,quality low cost shot,and reliable equipment,call jim,looking foward to fall shotmaking,mark jones

4. JWS

JWS Member

Plinker61:
    Seems you really are having fun making your own shot. I know there are many out there looking at the possibility of trying this themselves. Its not hard to do. I always say "if you can grease a wheel barrow and have at least a 3rd grade education"(Ha! Ha!) you can make your own shot. Children in the 3rd grade or higher should not attempt to do this, its for adults.

I have a neighbor friend who has put his wife to work with him making their own shot. She has even learned to shoot a little so she enjoys helping him reload as well.

I will be home and in the shop pretty much the rest of the summer and early fall. I will be attending the Tulsa Gun show in November since it is now an annual family reunion with my son till I cann't travel anymore. I will post this on TS.com in November. If you are wanting to attend the ultimate in gun shows Tulsa is the place to go, they have anything and everything you can imagine you need.
    Shotmaker
    James Stewart

5. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Mr. Stewart is a gentleman and a credit to shotgun sports with his innovative machine. I for one could not shoot as much as I do if I couldn't make my own shot. His customer service is personal and quick. We should all sound so hokey.....

6. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Not Hokey, just like a TV informational, just a way to advertise their wares. BRGII

7. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

dave & brgii,ive been running jims equipment for three years now,and have run 4-5 tons of shot with it,i work for a large automotive group and have access to all the wheel weights from 12 tire changers,and i have gotten all the weights for the last 16 years,for the last 2 years my shot from jims equipment has allowed me & my son to shoot 12k-15k shells&targets for free.im not adversting my wares,maybe my post was a bit hokey,but i assure both of you gents jim stewart and his shot maker is the best you can buy,jims customer support is the best out there,and jim is a strait foward person,my reply to jim was a way to say hellow to him and hopefully give him a smile,see not only do you get a shot maker,but you also gain a friend,now with what jim has done for me,ill plug his product as often as i can,mark jones,p.s and that is my real name,at least i can sign my posts.

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I wasn't criticising the man's product nor his credibility. The two posts together just sounded a little infomercial like and funny considering the lead free wheel eights we are now seeing, that's all. Get over it

9. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

dave,im getting 2-3 5 gallon buckets a month,and there are moore lead free wheel weights than there used to be,75-80% of the weights are still lead.5-6 years ago asian & european auto mfgrs.quit useing lead,and in '08 the big three auto makers quit putting lead on,but if you consider the cost of the enviroment friendly weights(zink,steel) vs. lead(lead is still cheaper to buy&produce $3-$4 per box of 25 1/2 oz weights) the dealerships & chain tire stores & mom&pop tire stores are still putting on lead.couple that with the fact that most people are keeping their vehicles longer,or replacing them with used instead of new they still need replacement tires .so as far as lead wheel weights go i feel they will be around for a while,mark jones.

10. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

p.s. i was over it 5 minutes after two responses ago,mark jones

11. JWS

JWS Member

ttt

12. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.