1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Better Shotmaker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JWS, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWS

JWS Member

2008 is coming to an end shortly. To everyone that already has a Better shotmaker I wish you a happy 2009 year, and may your wheel weights be plentiful.

To those looking for a better way to make your own shot, at still a cheaper price than you can buy it from the factory,and are willing to put a little time an d effort into making the shot, I still have my machines at their current prices. I haven't increased my prices in 2 years and don't expect to in the future.

What might go up are my shipping fees seeing that USPS is raising their rates again in January 2009 on Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation, and all types of packages. Also FedEx ground is raising their prices but I have not received the new rates as yet.

Feel free to call me at: 256-587-0107
    Email me at :jstewart1934@hotmail.com
    Or visit my web page at: http://www.thebettershotmaker.com
    James Stewart

2. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

been running jims equipment for a couple of years now,and it allowd me & my 17 year old son to shoot 30,000 shells & targets for free since i started making & selling my extra shot with it. where else can you hang out with your 17 yr old (know it all)son for that mutch time,and keep him looking foward to shooting next weekend with dad. jim is the best at getting the new shotmaker started, i have always felt comfortable calling him for help,or just to say hi & shoot the bull.his equipment & support is greatly appreciated,keep up the good work jim,mark jones

3. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

p.s scott k are you still running shot,he is another reason i started making shot,look up his videos,mark

4. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Bought one of Jim's shotmakers second-hand back in July '08 and made a lot of #9 shot before putting it away for the winter. I've sold a few bags to some people who were running low, and they couldn't tell the difference from the commercial. It takes some time and commitment, but if you like to tinker and have an appreciation for breaking targets with your own reloads, this is truly a satisfying endeavor. Jim's machine is smooth and as close to plug-and-play as you can get. The biggest factor I found was keeping the coolant at a consistent temp. I have the coolant (I'm using brake fluid with much success) circulating through a pump and back through a small fan, and it works great.

5. lumpys600

lumpys600 Member

I purchased 1 shotmaker from Jim several years ago and bought a second one last year. best thing ever done to lower my cost of shooting.Also Jim is the best at helping you though a problem.I have some friends who have the other shotmaking machine and they don't run as well as Jim's machines.

6. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

tall paul,i run my brake fluid through 20 ft of 3/8" tubing sitting in a cooler full of ice,my tank holds 14 gallons(harbor freight parts washer),my pump runs 200 gal/hr,can run 3-400 lbs and it never changes moore than 30 degrees,mark

7. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

happy new year jim!!!!

8. JWS

JWS Member

Plinker61 (Mark):
    Happy New Year to you also. Sorry I missed your call.
    Glad to hear from folks that are enjoying making their own shot and reaping the rewards in $$$'s.
    If you have one of my machines second hand please let me know who you are so I can update my records.
    Happy Shotmaking in 2009!!!!!
    Jim Stewart

9. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

Jim Thanks for your help, my shot maker is working great, I've made close to 3 ton of shot in the last couple of months, the machine is working great
    Chuck in Wyoming

10. JWS

JWS Member

Roc'n C:
    Glad to hear you are making good shot and lots of it. Thats what my intensions are when I make a machine.

TallPaul:
    Glad we have finqally rectified my records and have you as the proud own of one of my machines. You should enoy yourself makng shot on my machine. Plinker61 gave you some very good information on how he cools his coolant while producing his shot.

Anyone that is intersted in talking with me can call me at: 256-587-0107. If I do not answer the phone leave you name and telephone number and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible.
    Shotmaker
    James Stewart

11. JWS

JWS Member

^^^

12. JWS

JWS Member

ttt

13. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

to the top for free shooting,thanks jim,mark

14. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

A friend and I bought a shotmaker from Jim last year close to the beginning of trap season. We made enough shot to easily cover us for the whole shooting season (10,000 rounds each), plus we sold quite a bit of it for a decent profit to the local trap shooters. Couldn't be happier with Jim's product, works like a charm every time we fire it up. Thanks, Josh.

15. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Question: At what point and how do you lube the shot? Graphite, motor mica or does it make any difference?

16. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i do it after sorting& drying,i buy lock graphite,1/4 tsp. per 100 lbs run it in a cement mixer for 1/2 hr comes out like black chrome,mark

17. JWS

JWS Member

It's 2009 and I am always so glad to read the comments of happy shotmakers.
    My prices have not gone up although that could happen. It is always good to check with me first. All machines are in stock and I ship next day after payment received.

If you wish to contact me call: 256-587-0107. If you get my telphone recorder please leave your name and phone number since I DO NOT have caller ID. I will return your call.
    James Stewart

18. JWS

JWS Member

^^^

19. JWS

JWS Member

^^^

20. JWS

JWS Member

^^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.