1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The best Trapshooting place to live??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RHAT, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

Where would one want to live for the best year round trapshooting???,.. considering ATA events,.Leagues,...... and days open to shoot....any communities with Trap within like Silver Dollar Club....

Your thoughts please.......

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Pittsburgh, Pa. Our club is open for practice Sun, Wed, Thurs. AM, Fri eve., Sat and Sun. League is shot on Wed. night. Every Sat. and Sun, you can shoot registered birds. Within 30 miles there must be 35 to 40 trap ranges. Bulge.

3. Tex Ritter

Tex Ritter TS Member

ARIZONA - shoot year round in moderate temperatures. You do have to travel to our Southern or Northern Mountains in the summer to keep temperatures reasonable.

Tucson and Phoenix with Casa Grand inbetween, for registered shoots every day from December to first week in April.

Two major Grands (Spring and Autumn).

From April to November 3-4 shoots per month within a max of 3 hours Western Driving (much easier than East Coast Driving)if you live in either Phoenix or Tucson.

Few trees to distract you from targets.

Great place to live and shoot.

Rod Ritter

4. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

TEX/ROD Ritter,

also runs a very good shoot, at the Garden Canyon Club on the Fort in Sierra Vista, AZ.

There is also Double Adobe Recreational RV Ranch (from Tucson) below Bisbee.

Prescot has a club, members only, NO ATA, Payson is in the same boat.

And several MORE.

AL

It is a dry heat, and believe me (or not) it is easier to cool off then warn up!

Most of the year the body feels dry, not like you just got out of the shower and can't get dry! For some it is to DRY!

5. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

can you stay year round in AZ

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hell Michigan..

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Apples and Oranges.....AZ is great, in the daytime, and lots of registered targets in the 1st 4 months of the years.

No head to head leagues as I know them, and not much night shooting.

North East and central Wisconsin, many 2 hole clubs that never throw a registered target but have leagues all year round. I can shoot 4 nights a week if I want and have a beer after shooting everywhere. Lewis shoots abound in the winter, sometimes 3 or 4 on the same day in different places.

Meat shoots all over the state in late summer, and one club has a hundred green bird night shoot in the fall.

I had the best answer, AZ/FLA in the late winter/spring, and back home the rest of the time.

HM

8. missed some

missed some TS Member

Kansas, the wind never blows and the temp. is constant. mark

9. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

As a Tucson, AZ shooter,

I can shoot 3 nights a week under lights, yeah it is the same club.

Trap, DBLs trap and 5 stand on Tues, when I am done shooting, and gun has been put away retreat to the club house and have food and drink

Wed, practice shoot aheads, Trap Skeet and 5 Stand.

Thur, Skeet and at least DBLs trap and food and drink

AND DON'T forget our new Bunkers!

90 min south to siera vista, and Garden Canyon on the fort, need to check their schedule.

2 hrs south maybe a little more to Double adobe, they have had some week day/night shoots in the past need to cantact them and see what they have.

Less then 90 minutes North to Casa Grande Trap, they do have lights, but I have only shot ATA there

If you plan Ahead and miss Phx. Rush hour, Ben Avery is 2 hrs north, or take a right a US60 and head Rio Saladad

Globe-Miami about 2 hrs North, has a one trap set-up from what I have been told.

Al

10. Shaner72

Shaner72 TS Member

Anyone going to nevada where it's ALWAY'S SUNNY should check out the Clarke county shooting park it's new. It's a $65 Million shooting facility. They have everything to offer as well as gun rentals (SKB O/U shotguns)and shell's/Pro shops/Rifle/Handgun ranges. They have lights and They are going to try and hold some major ATA trap events.This place is the nicest club I've been to. They have a web site and You can see it on you tube as well check out. Take Care

11. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Gotta go with Bulge on this one. SW PA is great. If you live near the 'burgh you can shoot every night of the week and with a different flavor each night. Some clubs do leagues, some annies and games. What a great place to live and shoot. While I live there, I wished I worked there and was able to shoot after work, but that will change soon.

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It would surely be southern Calitornia if it was a gun friendly state or if gun clubs weren't dropping like flies. Could be fabulous. Too bad.

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Indiana, Mich and ohio are hard to beat

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The thread was for "year around shooting."

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You never shot in Michigan in February??

16. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

My little slice of NY isn't too shabby for trap, I just wish winter wasn't so cold.

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I have to say central NC, lots of clubs, Winters are not brutal. Usually need a sweatshirt or a good sweater. Eight hr drive to the Cardinal. If it gets too hot in one region go to the mtn section & its 15 degrees cooler. Gov't is gun friendly. Also close to SC, Pa. & Va. Lots of good shooting & more important lots of good people.

Phil Berkowitz

18. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Looks like its either AZ. or NC. with is the best place to live crime rate ect...

19. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

I'll take SO. CAL. We shoot year round,mon,tues,days,wed,thurs nights,sat days
    My home club is APPLE VALLEY,to the north 30 minutes, BARSTOW,
    A 1 hr drive south is REDLANDS,1 1/2 WEST TRIPLE B, + others.
    Jim

20. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Carroll County or Baltimore County, Maryland. Trap clubs everywhere. You can shoot every day of the week, pretty much morning until after dark. State shoots that are within driving distance include DE, MD, VA, PA, WV, NJ. Big point shoots at Elysburg in PA. Mild weather in MD, too. Lots of good people with whom to shoot trap.

Not a cheap place to live, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.