1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THE BEST RECOIL SYSTEM????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootinmachine13, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootinmachine13

trapshootinmachine13 Member

I have been tinking about getting a recoil system for my beretta 682 gold e. what is your opinion on the best and most long lasting recoil system.

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 TS Supporters TS Supporters

JS Hydro-coil Looks great works great.G-squared unit.Air fill adjustable to you.Not cheap bout your gun still looks like it should and not like some add on junk. Jeff

3. wolfmanken

wolfmanken Member

Soft Touch is the best.

4. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Well,I guess I have the add on junk ,but with a bad shoulder,and I mean bad,I would not trade my PFS for any stock I have seen.but i haven't seen them all.would like to shoot brand x.may change my mind.

5. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

Prosoft recoil system would be the best choice in my book. The mechanism is adjustable in many ways and more durable than the stock lock; both are the same concept but a prosoft fitted to you can be bought for 3000-3500 as with a stock lock you are looking at more in the 4500 range.

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

The G-Squared is as good as any and better than nmost. Many have been installed for years and still going strong. Just hard to beat. And they are around 1250.00 installed.

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Well-Known Member

I have had or shot them all and the G-Squared is the only one that I would purchase.

I own an 1100 with a J&S air cushion and it uses the same cylinder the G-Squared uses. If memory serves Joe gets them from G-Squared.

I know a lot of guys like the soft touch but I got tired of paying them 150 bucks whenever the piston failed.

8. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

THE BEST RECOIL SYSTEM????

Looking at the responses above, I'd say it depends on who you ask? Any recent change you make, stock wise, is the best if you perceive less felt recoil with it. That's a human nature statement and so true regardless of what that change was or type of reduction stock.

The first stock change one makes that gives a shotgunner noticeably less felt recoil is a fitted to him/her stock. That certainly doesn't mean you can't perceive less felt recoil even with an ill fitting stock! Your scores will reflect that ill fit even though it has less felt recoil to you!

There's a lot of methods out there today that does reduce felt recoil and does a good job of doing so reflected in all the different statements made above with honesty.

A shooter in great health will judge felt recoil far different than those with health problems attempting to shoot trap competitively!! As a shooter with a bad neck/back problem and attempting to shoot somewhat competitively, I've tried a lot of different things to reduce felt recoil! My old fitted to me stock had quite a lot of weight added to accomplish the job and my gun weighed nearly 13 pounds! My new fitted ProSoft stock weighs far less than my old Carey stock and has a lot less felt recoil at the same time! This new ProSoft will allow me to shoot for a longer period of time before I have to give up competitive shooting.This is the best stock I've ever used for reducing felt recoil!
    hapmectweaks_2008_030319.jpg

hapmectweaks_2008_030320.jpg

hapmectweaks_2008_030321.jpg

Hap

10. KIRKS A

KIRKS A Member

Pro-soft and I have shot them all(really have) Kirk

11. njuliano

njuliano Member

I have a Beretta 682 Gold E and went with the Soft Touch for a couple of reasons. First, I have a few friends that have been shooting with a Soft Touch for several years and are very happy with it. Second, the Soft Touch installation will replace the Beretta Comb hardware with a good quality metal hardware that is fully adjustable. They require little maintenance and work great. I have been shooting with my Soft Touch in the 682 for 2 years now and have had zero problems. I like it a lot. If I every purchase another gun, I will have another Soft Touch put in it as well.

Good Luck

12. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

I vote for g squared. I have a bad shoulder and I have one on a Beretta 391 with weight in stock. I can now shoot 3 dram for handicap with no problem. I have owned Counter coil, Soft touch, PFS and all the in stock reducers dead mule, & edwards. A ten dollar hand pump from wal mart will make infinite adjustments. jim

13. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

The Soft Touch gets my vote also. I have not shot them all but I have the old style Soft touch on my P gun and have had O problems with it. I use anti seize on it.

Then again by back up gun is the newer style Cole and it too is a soft shooter. Ray

14. Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus T. Firefly TS Member

A gun that fits.

15. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Unless you have a physical imparement, a sensitive area in your physique or special condition, Rufus Firefly's answer (proper gun fit) is the best,in my opinion.

Plus, proper gun fit has the added value of consistant mounting, centered targets and better scoring probability.

I also believe that an 'in the stock' (weight, mercury etc) recoil device can reduce the effective transferred energy produced by the shot, and reduces felt recoil even further.

This has been my experience. Certainly, recoil stocks, pistons & compression devices etc. can reduce the felt recoil, (and produce many happy results) but this alone does not replace a proper fitted stock & good mounting technique; so essential to trap shooting success.

JS in PA

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A fitted stock is a must for consistent shooting! Fitted and coupled with the ProSoft and all the extra weight one can handle is the ultimate for me with the health problems!! I can only imagine the consistency a healthy shooter could attain with such a set up!!

Hap

17. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

since surgery and loss of muscle mass, recoil makes my shoulder blade hurt hurt in back by my spine. gun fit can't change the laws of physics. the lbs of energy have to go somewhere, my body simply can't withstand the abuse anymore. I have just purchased a Bumpbuster, I hope I get some relief.

18. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I have the Gracoil GC15LP on two of my trap guns. Works perfectly now for three years. No recoil problems and the LP version allows for length of pull adjustment along with just about any up / down or left or right butt pad adjustment.

19. superxjeff

superxjeff Well-Known Member

I have several stocks fitted by some of the best. It doesn't change the fact that the brain knows that an explosion is going off a few inches from the tip of the nose.

If it's just about stock fit, then why do many people who flinch do so when shooting .22 rifles and 410 shotguns?

There is far more to this then just stock fit. The rational of stock fit would also cure people from needing a relaese trigger as well?

A well fitted stock does help to direct recoil away from the face but that alone will not keep the recoil gods from taking their pound of flesh.

I know for a fact that some guys are just tougher then others when it comes to the mental aspect of recoil.

Damn few people report discomfort to the shoulder and yet they benefit from recoil devices. Why is that?

Folks with health issues is one thing but most of the guys I know that shoot devices don't suffer from any.

The issue is far bigger then stock fit. A fitted stock is a great place to start but a better place to start is with a fitted stock with a recoil device on it.
    For most of us recoil is a pay me now or pay me later type of deal. Jeff

20. GRUMPN

GRUMPN Member

I vote for the PFS. Besides total recoil adjustment (could be priceless when changing gages i.e. skeet) the fit tuning is the tops of all mentioned. Without my PFS my skeet shooting days would have ended 3 years ago. Ric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best recoil system

best shotgun recoil reducer system

the best recoil system