1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The best range bag?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have to buy my third range bag in 38 years. I've won a few of the leather bags but gave them away or sold them. They were all to small anyway. So the bag must carry 200 rounds and have multi pockets for all the junk. What is the best bang for the buck? Any suggestions?

2. JEB

JEB Active Member

Look at the ones from Filsons. Expensive, but plenty of room and lasts forever.

JEB

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Krieghoff has one for $115. I leave 200 shells in it and there is plenty of room for everything you need. It is a blue canvas with a lot of leather trim. Mike.

4. hwy13

hwy13 Member

Hello ,

I have had good luck with this "Boyt" Gear Bag, well made,
    a lot of room and extra pockets, will last a long time.

[​IMG]

5. morgaj1

morgaj1 Member

I really like the Browning Range Bag. It is well made of heavy duty material and strong zippers. Here is a link to where I got mine:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/browning-hidalgo-2-tone-range-bag.html

6. Saxman

Saxman Member

I've been using the big blue range bag from the BLUE PRESS. I believe the bag is now black in color. Best bag I ever bought. Bag is located on page 32 of there Jan. 2013 catalog.

7. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I have been using the Browning Santa Fe oiled canvas and leather range bag. It easily holds 8 boxes of shells, has ample side and front and rear pockets. This bag gets better looking and feeling with use. The main compartment has a separator so that you can stow your empty shells in it if you like. It is not inexpensive. Check out the URL above. You may be able to find it for a lesser price from some dealers on the web.

I highly recommend this bag.
    Art

8. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

I just got the Browning santa fe bag for Christmas and so far it has room for all. I had a smaller bag and needed an extra bag to carry all my stuff. Why I pack more stuff for a shoot than if I go on vacation is beyond me. oscar

9. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Bought a military bag, which will easily hold 8 boxes of 12 gauge shells, at the surplus store 30 years ago, not a thread worn on it. Attached a standard military webbed belt to the existing strap so it can be carried over the shoulder. It might not impress your fellow shooters as with a $250.00 leather bag, but with the difference of about $240.00, go buy 6 bags of shot. LEAD PRICES closed today at $1.0765 per pound. BT100dc

10. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

That Browning canvas/nylon bag they call a Claymaster that holds 200 shells and has the empties flip out, zipper bottom bag on the side and glasses & stuff pouch on the other, then two zippered end pouches, hand carry straps + a shoulder strap for $70 is hard to beat. Dunno what I paid 5yrs ago but it's a great product and worth a look.

best .....mike

11. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Recobs has the Browning Claymaster for $41.99 right now. (like mine) That`s a great Price!

I have one , and they`re real hared to beat for the $$.

Regards , Pete

12. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I'm with BT-100, I bought a navy mechanics bag about 20 years for $12. The selection they have now is huge. Check out the link. You can't wear them out. If your local surplus store doesn't have them, they can order what you want.

Wayne

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

14. Indydrew1

Indydrew1 Member

I have had the little brother of this bag for several years with no issues whatsoever and it has room for everything I need...This version looks to be about 50% to 75% larger than mine. This might be worth a look.

-Andy

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/948617/midwayusa-pro-series-range-bag-pvc-coated-polyester-black

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got one from Cowboy Rick, probably the absolute best bag you can or could buy ... All hand made by the hands of 15 or 20 Virgins, where Rick found them is anybody's guess ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Love mine, got it in the club shoot last year, (raffle, not by shooting, LOL)

That 41.99 price is fantastic.

Better get them while they have that price.

HM

17. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Check out "Wild Hare International". Super tough, plenty of
    pockets even one for a water bottle. Should last a liftime.
    I love mine.

18. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

AIRLINE APPROVED!
    Excellent shooter bag designed for organizing your shooting accessories. Center compartment holds 200 empties and the two side compartments hold 4 full boxes/each of shells. Storage pocket and elastic loops on inside of lid for choke tube storage or extra shells. Large outside storage pocket on the front with a full length zipper and adjustable shoulder strap make this an excellent traveling box. The inside is hard plastic with hard plastic dividers and the strap on the outside goes all the way around the case. They are really strong. pocket on the inside has a zipper and holds choke tubes and stuff. Case even floats when filled to capacity.

I have a few of these bags for sale and they cost you 99.00 including the shipping to you These bags are brand new and first quality. motordoctor
    [​IMG]

19. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Best bang for the buck? Bob Allen. 35 Bucks, holds 8 boxes and a whole lot of other stuff you never really need. Mine is at least 20 years and still works fine. Though that Lakewood bag looks cool. Does it come with wheels?

[​IMG]

20. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I've had two of these, pretty good bag for the price, lots of room for just about anything you need on the line.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Canvas-Sporting-Clay-Bag/707609.uts?
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning hidalgo range bag

browning hidalgo shooting bag
browning range bag
range bag trap

trap range bag

trap shooting bag
trapp shoooting range bag
wild hare sporting clays bag