1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Best Photo I Ever Took....Enjoy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rick979, Jul 20, 2013.

1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

I have deer all over the ranch. Most stay in the "south 40". This doe decided to give birth to her twins near the house and dogs probably hoping to keep possible predators (including feral hogs)at bay. She has become one of "Sadie's" friends and I have seen them within a foot or two of each other. I got this "photo op" a couple of days ago. I really like how both Sadie and the doe are looking right into the camera lens. This photo is now the screensaver on my computer. I wanted to share my good fortune. Rick... Texas
    rick979_2009_280257.jpg

rick979_2009_280258.jpg

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

yup..that sure is a priceless moment you caught Rick...really nice!

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Good work.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Amazing that mama doe doesn't open up a can of whoopass on the dog. Has she been a frequent visitor in the past?

5. skidrowe7

skidrowe7 Member

Where abouts are you located. It looks so serene I'd like to move there tomorrow.

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Brian and Skidroe: The doe had only started hanging out close to the house when she was within about 10 days of giving birth to the twins. She and the others normally stay at least 150 feet from the house. I live on a ranch about 50 miles east of Austin near the little town of Giddings, Texas. My place is about 2 miles from the city limits and has several great fishing tanks (ponds). The one in the pictures is about 75 feet from my back porch. The property has been in my family for well over 100 years. I retired here in 2001 because the land taxes are very low as they are "agriculturally exempt". If I lived elsewhere I would need to go back to work. That idea doesn't appeal to me. LOL!!

7. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

How sweet is that?

8. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rick,

Wait a minute!!!!!!!!!!! How can it be the best picture you ever took and I'm not in it????

Kinda reminds me of the one I posted a while back of the turket courting the Canada Goose on my property here in southern Oregon. Sucker musta ate some Myrtlewood acorns.

Mike Mann

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Is your dog tougher than a feral hog?

10. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Vern: I try to hog hunt nearly every evening but the numbers continue to rise. They breed at an alarming rate and it is said if you don't kill 7 out of every 10 you see the numbers continue up expoentially. Since I shoot bolt action rifles I am lucky to take down one out of every 25 I see as they scatter after the first shot. Here is a photo for you. Rick.... Texas
    rick979_2009_280259.jpg

11. royboy

royboy Member

Great picture! Good, good dog!

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Great picture, we live NNE of Dallas about 45 miles and have finally started getting deer in our area, when we first moved here in 95 there were a few hogs, but along with us our neighbors aggressively hunted them and none of us have seen any signs of them for about 10 years, but we hit it hard it get rid of them, they say you can't get rid of them but if you keep after them you can

I do kind of miss shooting them though, nah I'm over that, they can really tear up stuff

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

That's a great picture of mother and her 2 Fawns and of Mother Doe and your Protective Dog.

I hope the family stays near your home

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rick, I have a few good people that are very good hog exterminators that would be happy to help thin out the hogs. Thanks for sharing the pics. Terry

15. Clay Gauge

Clay Gauge Member

Excellent pictures....What type of camera were you using.

16. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Clay Gauge: Thanks for the compliment. I shoot a Sony FD Mavica.

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

But that is not a Holstein........

18. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Burgess: What do your comments and photo have in common with this thread? Is your "bull" photo the pinnacle of your photographic expertise?