1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

The best info you have learned on Trapshooter.com

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Never argue with an Idiot. He will drag you down to his level,then beat you with experience. 1oldtimer

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Don't always believe what you read on TS.com.

Don

3. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

1. If one wants attention, praise Obama at this website.
    2. David Van Elgort is a good guy.
    3. MIA (Jack) is also a very good guy and a gun sourcing genius.
    4. We learn to deeply miss those we have not even met in vivo, e.g. Mike Greenblatt and Pat Ireland.
    5. Street (Pre-owned) value of used trapguns.
    6. Neat places to shoot.
    7. Reinforcement that shotgunners are basically good folks.
    8. That trapshooters know a lot of useful stuff outside of shooting, such as how to fix stuff. I want to know how to pick up attractive female airline cabin attendants in today's post 9-11 world.
    9. Vandalia was "better" than Sparta.
    10. Knocking the Model 12 shotgun is akin to knocking the '57 Chevy two door. Some American icons are just off limits and not to be considered with objectivity because they are just so cool and so good during their heydays.
    11. There is another sport around called "skeet", but the shooters there dress funny.
    12. AHAB says funny stuff over 90% of the time. Problem is, he is also correct IMO.
    13. It is easy to spend too much time "in" cyberspace.

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA Well-Known Member

I've learned mainly that I didn't know a damn thing about anything. I guess that I'm ignorant, unimformed, stupid, and so forth. I learned how to cure hemmoroids, set up my gun, some new jokes that are pretty damn funny, and that most of us people on here have our own opinion about everything. The nice thing is, that being America, we can all talk about this stuff freely, and we are quarenteed that by our Constitution. We make some happy, piss some off, but that is life. That all being said, the only thing I haven't learned, is, where that GD all white gun club is. Regards, Charlie

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Chango2:

It aint the best thing I've learned on ts.c but a useful thing I learned is how to format posts with numbered items. If one does either of the following...

- Hit “return” twice to separate lines.

- Hit “enter” key twice to separate lines.

You'll get this result...

-----------------------

1. If one wants attention, praise Obama at this website.

2. David Van Elgort is a good guy.

3. MIA (Jack) is also a very good guy and a gun sourcing genius.

4. We learn to deeply miss those we have not even met in vivo, e.g. Mike Greenblatt and Pat Ireland.

5. Street (Pre-owned) value of used trapguns.

6. Neat places to shoot.

7. Reinforcement that shotgunners are basically good folks.

8. That trapshooters know a lot of useful stuff outside of shooting, such as how to fix stuff. I want to know how to pick up attractive female airline cabin attendants in today's post 9-11 world.

9. Vandalia was "better" than Sparta.

10. Knocking the Model 12 shotgun is akin to knocking the '57 Chevy two door. Some American icons are just off limits and not to be considered with objectivity because they are just so cool and so good during their heydays.

11. There is another sport around called "skeet", but the shooters there dress funny.

12. AHAB says funny stuff over 90% of the time. Problem is, he is also correct IMO.

13. It is easy to spend too much time "in" cyberspace.

sissy

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks Recoil Sissy. And I pride myself by being "pretty good" with formatting stuff with computer. I was only hitting those keys once!!!
    (I picture myself now as a cat slinking away with tail between my legs, shoulders slumped......like in those cartoons...)

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Chango2:

It wasn't my intent to give you a hard time. If my post came across that way, I apologize.

Unfortunately, formatting a post can be darned tricky. Things that look like they 'should' work, often don't. A simple cut and paste from a Word document can sometimes be all but impossible to get right. Why is a mystery to me.

So... the structure of your post (in the context of the subject of this thread) was a fortuitous opportunity to share a couple of formatting tips. I learned those tips when some helpful soul posted them long ago. Before that, I couldn't format a post to save my soul.

sissy

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Don't piss-off Brian in Oregon.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I like Chango2's post. Good stuff.

Here's what I've learned:

Old myths (or firmly held beliefs, call them what you will) die hard, even when they're proven wrong, you just can't get some people to accept they're really not true.

11. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

For me, ive learned a lot! but some of my perspective from Australia-

-Not many people seem to like Obama

-You never really know who your writing to, but you have to take the chance there all good guys as most of them are.

-People on here are both interesting and interested in others, which is great.

-Theres a hell of a lot more people make out they shoot 100 straight in handicap than actually shoot 100 striaght in handicap

-You guys have a lot more guns than we do, and shoot a lot more targets!

-Everything is cheaper in the USA (especially some of the guns!)

-Devault industries stock work is second to none, worldwide.

-I really, really got to get myself to that Grand American Shoot somehow sometime!

-just today, just cause it says SCO side plate, doesn't mean it's an SCO side plate!

12. harleypilot

harleypilot TS Member

1. You can ask for information on places to shoot anywhere in the country, and someone will come forth with info to help you out. One guy and his wife even met me at my hotel and took me to their club. Nice people.

2. You can find many different opinions on how to shoot better, and I find that they all work as long as I point the gun in the right direction.

3. Unless they are masochists, which they must be, liberal obama supporters should probably just stick to talking about trapshooting.

4. It is more fun to look at all of the threads and choose which ones to read rather than just the shooting related ones.

5. You can find a solution to almost any problem you have by just asking for advice here. Of course, especially on health related problems, you might want to get a second opinion somewhere else.

6. This site is the most fun, interesting, and most informative way to spend time on the computer.

Jim

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

DON'T TYPE YOUR MESSAGE IN CAPS OR YOU'LL GET YELLED AT.

14. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Read a lot - post a little....

FRedmon

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

1) That trapshooting is WAY more difficult and complex than the 12 year-olds who frequently shoot 25-straights think it is.

2) That at least 98% of people who run their mouths about shotgun patterning, know virtually nothing about the subject and have no desire to learn. Sometimes I wonder how Neil Winston and other real experts can even tolerate reading some of the patterning idiocy I've seen put forth on this site.

-Gary

16. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

opinionated- based on an individuals experience

lots of times it is better to pass on a subject than to contribute to the pissing match

17. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Member

That you can and should use 7 1/2 or 8 for a good time.

Fifteen two and two is four

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

If you have a trapshooting question on rules, trapguns, triggers , both pull and release, shotgun powders and loads someone on here has the answer for you
    that is what is great about this site.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

19. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Member

Whatever else you may think about Trap Shooters---Most have a highly developed sense of humor....SMOKIT

20. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I have learned that there are a lot of generous knowledgeable people who frequent this site.
    Steve Balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.