1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The best ear protection

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rastoff, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    OK, I'm not qualified to say what is the best, but I've discovered some really nice ear protection.

Over Christmas I had a set of custom molded silicone ear plugs made by Dick Barhorst (BIG PAPA). These are unique in that they allow you to put ear buds in so you can listen to music while wearing them. The best part is that you can take the ear buds out, and they still reduce the shot sound very effectively.

The best part of this experience was the customer service I received from Dick. He made the molds, and then sent them to a manufacturer. When they came in, they didn't quite fit right. I contacted Dick, and discussed my issues. He had me send them back, and told me how to word what I needed to have done to get them to fit right. No complaints, he just got them re-done.

It took about two weeks for the new ones to come in, and they fit perfectly.

These really are some amazing plugs. I can hear normal speech easily, and they reduce the impulse noise from the gun blast. I couldn't be happier with the product, and the service. I highly recommend Dick if you want custom ear plugs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.