1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The best come back line ever!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by luvnbearhugs1, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Major General Peter Cosgrove is an 'Australian treasure!' General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently. You'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you've got to love this!<br>

<a href="http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q145/luvnbearhugs/?action=view&current=Cosgrove.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><br>
    This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. Here is a portion of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.
    <br>
    <br>
    FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    <br><br>
    So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?
    <br><br>
    GENERAL COSGROVE:
    <br><br>
    We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.
    <br><br>
    FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    <br><br>
    Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?
    <br><br>
    GENERAL COSGROVE:
    <br><br>
    I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.
    <br><br>
    FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    <br><br>
    Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?
    <br><br>
    GENERAL COSGROVE:
    <br><br>
    I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.
    <br><br>
    FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    <br><br>
    But you're equipping them to become violent killers.
    <br><br>
    GENERAL COSGROVE:
    <br><br>
    Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?
    <br><br>
    The radio went silent and the interview ended.
    <br><br>

hahahahahaha gotta love it!
    <br><br>
    Luvn

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Funny, but not true:

http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.asp

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Been on this site many times. The only thing that changes is the name of the military person that supposedly said it.

4. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

You gotta admit. It made you laugh.

5. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

This is true, as I was a witness to it.
    Back in 1954 when in Camp Pendleton a fellow recruit from the South was being given a ration of crap by the DI. After the DI had called him everything but a honky, the fellow said "I won't call you a Son of a Bitch, but when you go home I hope your mother comes out from under the porch and bites you on the leg"
    Needless to say he wasn't around for a while. BRGII

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

"I have been called worse by better people"

8. 5spd

5spd TS Member

This is older than dirt. I thought it was even going around during the Revolutionary War, only being updated yearly for the times....hahahahaha

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Over the years I have learned not to say:

When being thrown out of your supervisor's office:" I have been thrown out of better bars this!" He didn't appreciate it.

Same supervisor, when I refused to continue talking until a union rep was present to witness: "What do you mean you have never had the union called on you? Hell, they have your private phone number on speed dial!" He didn't think that one was funny either. He decided not to finish the conversation.

Different supervisor, after telling her that I would not follow her instructions if it violated my contract, and telling her to motivate a new employee who was not meeting the minimum standard of work: She said: "I could write you up for insubordination." I said: "I could have you written up for impersonating a supervisor who won't manage!"

I never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I am quick with a comeback. Mannnn, I never get any suck up jobs. Wonder why? If you are reading this thread, and your name is Whiz White, these were some of the poster children for promotion policy called "The Peter Principle" or was that Principal? Dang Geritol anyway. Y Supervisor MV

10. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

So I says to the lady named Karen at work one day. " I hear that you and Cliff are about to be married". "Yes" she says. I say "well you missed out by not dating me". She says" I don't really look at it that way Bill". Damn best/worst shoot down of my life. Ha Ha. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.