1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Beretta 303 is a tough shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Onceabum, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Have owned and shot many guns during my trapshooting days but the one that stood out above all others, for reliability, was a 303. To say that about an automatic is almost ridiculous but in twelve years I never had to change a part or have the gun in for repair.

BB

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

It is not unheard of at all. They are in a lot of opinions the best auto ever built. I can attest to their durability and performance as i have used them for the last 26 years for hunting and sporting. They were ahead of their time for sure. A lot of over and unders don't have the dependability the 303 does. Just tyhe way it is.

3. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I gree whole heartedly.I bought one about 2 months ago for a song.Shot maybe 500 rounds through it and took it apart to clean it.I don't think it had ben cleaned in 10 years.I literally a 1" pile of carbon out of the piston and gas holes and it was still cycling 1 oz. loads.It shoots with the recoil of a 28 gauge.

Darr

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I have a like new 303 fixed choke Skeet gun with very pretty wood with the small D U logo on the cap for sale. $450 plus actual shipping. Jeff

5. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

Jeff, you have a PM.

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Not to hijack the thread.. I have a 12 gauge 1100 I bought in 1984 from walmart.. I have shot it so many times the pin that holds the trigger group in egg shaped causing the pin to keep falling out which caused the trigger to fall out, I drove a roll pin in it and it is still hammering.. that is the only thing I have replaced on it except for about 3 orings..lol..
    several of the kids on our trap team use the 303 and really love them..

7. dshot

dshot Member

I had one that was a loner gun at the Homestead, it was shot hundreds of thousands of time, they sold them when the 390 came out. I brought one shot it for 5 years 1000's of times each and nerve had any problems with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.