1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The bead & the bird

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by EXFDX, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

B

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Remember, you are "Pointing" a shotgun, not aiming...

Line them up, and forget they are there after that...

Many times you will hear people tell you their eyes went back to the bead and they miss...Called: Bead Checking

If you aren't focused on the TARGET, you won't get a clear picture of it.

If you are looking at the beads, do yourself a favor and take a black magic marker and blacken them like Kiner does..it works !

That is why Chris Vendel came up with those tiny little beads he installs on the front of his guns...He doesn't want to be distracted by them.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Here is Phil Kiner's example of the difference in the two methods you describe;

Pick out an object about 50 yards away. Stand at a slight angle to the object. Hold your arm out and extend a pointing finger. Now look at the object and then as fast as you can point your finger at it. Now repeat this but sight down your arm and look at the end of your pointing finger, then while keeping your eye on the end of your finger swing your arm over to the object and point at it.

Seriously, give this a try and I guarantee you will 'get it'.

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Yes, your eyes should always be on the target. Then as your gun comes across what you are looking at, you shoot it.

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

The mention of beads and targets is close to if not bead checking with the result in a lost target.

6. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

You break the bird with your bead--not your eye. The bead should always be in your peripheral vision. You cannot prevent yourself from seeing the bead as it approaches the bird. JMHO..........SMOKIT

7. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

If I find myself looking at the target afer I shoot to see if/how well I hit it, I know my focus was not on the target as I pulled the trigger. Gun fit is essential for me. I have to have confidence that it is shooting where I am looking. Ron

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I once lost the bead in my Holosight and the bbl was too low and out of the way to use. What a helpless feeling.

9. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

In my case, if I'm consistently centering targets, I have no idea of the bird/bead relationship.

Shoot well,

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.