1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The August, 2011, EC meeting minutes are

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Neil Winston, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

at the above link for your reading pleasure.

Neil

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Pretty smooth series of meetings it seems. It's no wonder some of those guys scores suffer at times because of their dedication to running the sport of trap. I did proof read on miscue but all is forgiven for a slip of the finger?

"862 President & Vice President Jeff L. Wagner, Central Zone Williston, NC"

Category declarations or declining of it should be at the top of a shooters receipt to help prevent classifiers helping in these sorts of misunderstandings? IMHO The too tall comment musta distracted the classifier enough to leave it blank on the Ohio shooters request? A check-off box on a shooters paid receipt may have prevented this from occurring in both cases addressed at the meeting? That gives a double edged sword to the rule of declaring category or not.

Hap

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Gene,

I think that maybe a log book that has to be signed/initialed by the individual indicating that they accept or decline their appropriate special category may be necessary. Actually, maybe just declines need to be logged.

All receipts that I have seen indicate the special category that has been entered into the computer. But many people never look at the header information on their receipts.

The current rule allows errors to be corrected. But I know that still causes some problems.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Scott, I agree! A decline checked box removes all doubt. Shooters look at the bottom line only after classification, how much and then proceed to marking their starting banks without further reading. That would have saved both delegates from WY and OH the investigation grief? The shooters themselves too?

BTW, great job as delegate for UT Scott!! Thank you!

Hap

5. perga1

perga1 Active Member

RESOLVED, that effective

591 September 1, 2011, annual membership dues in the Amateur

592 Trapshooting Association be one half the price of a regular annual
    membership for all active
    593 military personnel.

Active Military should be granted free membership for as long as they are active. Many are transferred all over the country/world and can't participate except when on leave. Give them a free membership.

697 The next item discussed was an increase in daily fees at ATA registered shoots in order
    698 to help reduce the operating shortfall. Vice President Taylor suggested that the ATA eliminate
    699 the $2.00 daily fee and institute a $1.50 per event fee. The members of the Executive
    700 committee agreed at any change in the fee structure would be presented to the Delegates at
    701 their respective Zone Meetings at the 2011 Grand American.

Then this:
    b. each contestant must pay ATA
    747 daily registration fee of $3.00 for each day of
    748 competition at each shooting location ($1.50 fee for Big 50 events), and such Zone and State
    749 Association fees as may be charged, and

It would seem to me that operating costs should be way down without the need to maintain a homegrounds and pay property taxes on all the buildings and land that were eliminated in Vandalia. That is not to mention the revenue increase cited in the minutes several times by Mike Hampton and the return of the escrow held by Dayton.

195 President Wagner advised the Executive Committee of the proper procedures regarding
    196 reimbursement of expenses for this Meeting. It was noted that the Accountable Plan which
    197 was adopted on October 4, 2010, provides for lodging reimbursement in the Sparta area of
    198 $105.00 per day and a per diem reimbursement of $66.00 per day. Business travel is to be
    199 reimbursed pursuant to paid receipts or mileage according to the current Federal
    200 charitable rate.

It looks like this was approved on October 4, 2010. It used to be that these positions were volunteer and not compensated except by special treatment for parking spaces etc. Are these the increases in expenses used to justify the $1.00/day increase in fees? I was hoping the $1.00 would go back to local clubs for additions and improvements. JRM

6. multifired

multifired Member

Neil, reading the minutes over at 596 I see Allan Radway was charged with drafting new rules in regard to Special Categories, target speed, registration fees, squading requirements, target setting, and Handicap assignments for Junior shooters. At ref line 741 the recommended changes were to be presented to the delegates at the Zone Meetings but there is no mention of any changes to the Special Category rules. What happened? Tom Sletta

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

What happened? The proposed rule change (to make special category declarations happen by default) was defeated in the 2011 Grand Zone/BOD meetings (see link above, ref. line 323).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.