1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"THE AUDACITY OF CERTAIN PEOPLE"

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by SeldomShoots, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Wow, some people really have audacity, and an unrealistic expectation that we as, natural born or legalized Americans owe illegal immigrants something.

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/article/zeituni-onyango-obamas-aunt-says-us-obligated-to-grant-her-citizenship/19642935

"I didn't take advantage of the system. . . . The system took advantage of me." Just how is that case when she received disability and public housing as an illegal immigrant. What a self-righteous parasite! Shame on the judge who allowed her stay. Shocking, to say the least.

Makes me look forward to January to pay my quarterly taxes, and it gives me warm fuzzys to know that I am helping someone who, our system took care of and advantage of all at the same time, while she was here illegally.

John E.

P.S. Just one more reason I am glad I didn't vote for Obama. Sad thing is, Obama's aunt and several million more illegal immigrants are probably registered voters.

Also, the URL is listed above to click on. Thank you "bdt" for the info. how to compress it.

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Mashable link, but I can't get it to work, only cut and paste. Regardless it is shameful that the laws on the books are not enforced...

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land

Also shows how well Obama takes care of relatives. Brother in Africa making $3 a day, and an illegal alien aunt almost on the street. Think he'll take care of American Citizens any better?

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Brian, That should be a headline in all the newspapers.

5. SeldomShoots

Thanks for the effort noknock.

Brian, it looks pretty bad for a Harvard grad with a law degree and nephew to not try to help her when he had the chance long before he gave a speech at the 2004 Democrat convention. I concede that Obama doesn't look like he was willing to help his aunt, and I haven't seen any help from him for this economy, but he probably figured she was living better here in the U.S., than she would be in Kenya. And of course, he had a lot of financial assistance from all of us with taking care of her.

Generally, what gets to me most is the self-righteousness of illegal immigrants who think we owe them something, much like the self-righteousness of muslims who want to build a mosque within a couple of blocks of the WTC. I am all for freedom of religion, but where are the muslims' or illegal immigrants' shame, or empathy for that matter such that they should say, "yes, we could build a mosque near the WTC, but we realize that many Americans would find that offensive and we don't need to prove a point in order to worship Allah, and we can build elsewhere" or when it comes to illegal immigrants such that they should say "yes, I am an illegal immigrant, but I want to become a naturlized U.S. citizen, and I am willing to go through all steps necessary to do that". Rather, the message we get from muslims is that "we have the right to build where we want and we will do so", and from illegal immigrants that "regardless that we came here or stayed illegally, you owe us citizenship, because you took advantage of us". I believe if someone came to me appologetic for what they or others of their group did wrong and wanted to make amends and do things the right way, and who in fact put forth the effort to do what they said they would do, I would certainly be more open minded that they might actually be someone who is worth having as a citizen of the U.S.A..

When, I was growing up, if I did something wrong or if I was with some friends or kids who did something wrong, you were punished, taught to feel ashamed and you didn't walk up to the people you offended and act like nothing happened. You kept you head down, you were appologetic and you didn't cause them anymore trouble or grief.

Seems to me that is not taught in foreign countries, and probably isn't taught here anymore either.

John E.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Brian in Oregon, old George Obama must have gotten a raise recently if he is living on $3 a day. Even the left wing "Huffington Post" reported Barack's brother makes less than $12 a YEAR!!

What old Michelle spent on one of her tennis shoes could have provide Barack's brother with 20 years of income.

You would think the old sob could of at least send his brother $20 in a Christmas card each year. Oh, I'm sorry Muslims don't celebrate Christmas, do they? Well how about a birthday card? His brother probably doesn't have a birth certificate either, so who knows the date of the birthday.

7. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

John E,

"Seems to me that is not taught in foreign countries..." Sorry but I cannot agree with you. I had the privilege of practicing medicine in poor countries for no fee (missions) and can assure you those people are most grateful.

It is here in the United States where given the same situation (freebie care) that people are unusually arrogant, demanding, and self-righteous. I think they've been told for so long that free health care, subsidized housing, etc. are their "right" and feel "what took you so long to give it to me???"

Chichay

8. SeldomShoots

Chicay, I cannot disagree with you since I have never traveled abroad nor had any experience such as you have. However, Obama's aunt being from an underprivileged foreign country situation, apparently forgot her humble upbringings and what it is like to do without. I guess people forget that once they set foot on American soil or for some who are born here.

John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.