1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The ATA GRAND and ILL GUN BAN???????????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Ill is trying to ban all guns. A Senator is trying to PUSH THROUGH a BIG ANTI GUN bill that will ban and make all guns illegal to own. They then will want the State Police to then go and get them from you.

What will that mean for the Grand? If you come into the state to shoot at the Grand what will happen? I did say in the start that Ill was a bad idea. Looks like I'm sorry to say that I was right.

2. Shawn

Shawn Member

I have my room booked. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Shawn

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Governments care little about spending money foolishly. It might be a good idea to leave your Butler, 1100, SX-1, or Franchi home. I hear the dealers in Il. already stocking up on H&R singles!!

4. FNG

FNG Member

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/02/illinois-dems-press-forward-with-gun-control-bills-firearms-group-warns-no/

Here's the article from Fox News. I have never been to the Grand and really had no plans to attend. However if I had, this would seal the decision never to give one dime the the state of Il.

5. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Its just one state and the another. People are starting to piss down their leg cause nobody is going to band together to stop it. Its up to the citizens to throw the bums out. Get rid of All the Jacksons and the like. As soon as the people realize Shitcago rules Ill and not the State Govt. Bill

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

"Welcome to the Grand illusion. Come on in, and see what's happening. Pay the price, get your tickets for the show." Dennis

7. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Dayton Ohio banned auto loading shotguns just before The Grand left Vandalia, if you were not aware the Dayton Airport was incorporated into Dayton city for tax purposes years before. No auto loaders were confiscated during The Grand! Alarmists!

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Anything for Ohio, eh Auctioneer.

9. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

Looks like this deal may not be as funny as you guys think. The governor, a democrat, has a super majority in both houses and is pushing to get this thru before the new legislature is sworn in in the next few days. The link is from the Ill. State Rifle Assoc. and they are major wound up about this. Copy and paste the attached link to see for yourself.

http://www.isra.org/

Jeff

10. 870

870 Well-Known Member

As I posted in another thread, these bills are a mess. Poorly written and a disaster if ever passed, which hopefully won't happen. That said, they do not propose to ban all guns.

BUT JUST TO STOP ALL THE SPARTA MISINFORMATION, they will have no effect on the Grand, or any shooting at Sparta.

11. 548

548 Guest

Second ammmendment doesn't apply in Illinois?

12. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

It did not for a long time, until the Heller decision and Il still wants to ignore it.

Poor Indiana stuck in the middle of madness.

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Is it just the evil bubble gum or is it all gum?????????

14. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I ye gots no teef ye gots only gums.

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The village 2nd grader has struck again. Now he is telling us that Ill is going to ban GUM. Is that all GUM or just sugarless, bubble, all the old flavors or just the new stuff. Oh where does he get all his information.

Don

16. trench12

trench12 TS Member

Home/
    News/
    State and Regional News/
    Illinois News

Democrats pull plug on gun, ammo bans
    Print Email
    27 minutes ago • Kurt Erickson
    (0) Comments

SPRINGFIELD — There’s not enough support in the Illinois Senate to impose tough new restrictions on semiautomatic weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.

In a setback for gun-control advocates in the wake of the killings of school children in Connecticut, the Illinois Senate was poised to adjourn Thursday without voting on two pieces of legislation aimed at limiting access to certain kinds of weapons and bullets.

Although the two proposals could emerge again when the legislature reconvenes next week, the lack of action shows the General Assembly remains divided on how to balance Second Amendment issues.

A spokeswoman for Senate President John Cullerton, D-Chicago, offered no timetable for when the gun safety proposals might surface again.

“We will take some time to work on these important issues to advance them in the near future,” Rikeesha Phelon noted in a message to reporters.

One proposal would restrict the possession, delivery, sale and transfer of semiautomatic weapons, including handguns and rifles.

The National Rifle Association lobbied against the measure, saying the ban would take as many as 50 percent of long guns off the market in Illinois. Gun manufacturers also said the proposal could force them to lay off workers.

The legislation, sponsored by Sen. Antonio Munoz, D-Chicago, would allow people who currently own such weapons to keep them as long as they register the firearms with the Illinois State Police.

Sen. Dan Kotowski, D-Park Ridge, sponsored the proposal that would limit ammunition magazines to 10 or fewer rounds.

Gov. Pat Quinn has pushed for a ban on assault-style weapons, but a spokeswoman recently suggested action could come later this spring.

17. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, ha ha ha ha ha

A gun manufactuer in Illinois? Sounds like an oxymoron.

18. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Again, it is not the gums that are the problem. Access needs to be limited so that the irresponsible people that throw the illegal gums out on the streets, only to be stuck on your shoes, and stuck under the table can't access gums.

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Rick,

You laugh but there are more than one might think in Illinois. Some are quite well known.

Armalite<br>
    745 Hanford St<br>
    Geneseo IL 61254-1603<br>

DSA<br>
    27990 W Industrial Ave<br>
    Lake Barrington IL 60010-2455<br>

Rock River Arms Inc.<br>
    1042 Cleveland Rd<br>
    Colona IL 61241-8974<br>

Springfield Armory<br>
    420 West Main Street<br>
    Geneseo, IL<br>

Just to name a few more well known gun manufactures in Illinois. Of course the list is likely to get shorter and who could blame them?

20. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I'm sure that some of these manufacturers sees the writing on the wall; i.e., it's perhaps time to relocate to a gun-friendly state. It's not anything new that Illinois is anti-gun. If only our ATA officials knew that???? BT100dc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun and ammo rules for ata