1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The ATA and ONE EYED SHOOTERS.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

I think that I speak for the nearly all of right handed, right eye dominant two eyed shooters when I say that the ATA should have a rule for one eyed shooters (or left handed shooters) stating they these people need to be squadded together. It's just a matter of common courtesy because these shooters have a tendency to distract the vast majority of the shooting public. Sometimes, they have one of those weird "Magic Dots" that covers an eye that they claim is dominant that shouldn't be or if they're really cheap, just plain old scotch tape or even Chapstick.

After beating them at a shoot, I like to look a man in the EYES and shake his hand....not a bunch of scotch tape or other cowardly device that is meant to deceive. I feel that something needs to be done, that's all.

Any thoughts??

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    You're slipping. No burning boat pic.

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You really are "Big Bore"

Don

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Darn Tron, if someone is foolish enough to take you serious on this one you could lose more business:)

That being said, I've seen some foolish things on this site. LOL

Ajax

5. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

HUH ?????

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I had a clever, yet insulting response, but I want to stay on the buddy list.

No comment.

(Am I on the buddy list?)

7. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

thats why i just close my left eye

kevin

8. APrice

APrice Active Member

You're slipping Joe.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Absolutely brilliant Tron................

I think you are having better results on the "I AM NOT INDY SHOTGUN" thread.

10. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

I doubt that Tron has to shake very many hands from beating anyone..lol

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Yup!

ahab_2008_030394.jpg

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Tron, in case you weren't paying attention, I play Galaga with one eye closed also.

13. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

you do know that Nora Ross is a 1 eyed shooter don't you, how many times you looked her in the eye after you beat her ! HA ! lol

14. THALL

THALL Member

It was either be a one-eyed shooter or own a cat. I do not/will not own a cat. Come on down to Alabama & we can talk about it. However, Tron does have a great reputation for working on the Beretta semi-autos....so maybe he has come up with a new class for the ATA...Tim Hall

15. pdq

pdq Member

Let's not be so hard on Tron -- he was just trolling.

And, I think he makes a good point -- 1 eye'd shooters should be in their own class. But, we need to be fair in the process.

I took a clinic with Phil Kiner and he said that from his experience roughly 30% of men and almost 90% of women are cross eye dominant. And, for right hand shooters having the left eye take over dominance is going to result in a miss, high and to the left.

So, let's create the seperate class, but believing Tron to be a just and fair individual, we need to realize that if they shoot 2 eyed they will miss probably half the time, so therefore we need to spot them 50 targets out of 100.

Now, that means that on certain days a one eyed shooter may have a score of 115, but Tron is fair and I'm sure he'll endorse this idea just as strongly as his own.

Pete

16. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Yeah Tron.......Squad those poor souls up with the auto-loaders.........lol.

Wayne

17. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

well, being a left handed, left eye dominant, lens patching shooter...I think that Tron is making a ton of sense here.

In fact, I think that in singles we better offer classes for left and right handed, one eyed and two, AAA/AA/A/B/C/D.

I always wanted to be the winner of the left hand/left eyed patched/A class singles.

And in Handicap, we can not only have left and right hand, one or two eyes, short, medium or long yardage - and then we can get into how much shot you might or might not be allowed.

So, I'm hereby declaring for the "26.5 yard, left handed, one eyed, 3/4 ounce shot" yardage group....Since no one else will qualify for that group, I'll win EVERYTIME.

HOw much is my LEWIS PAYOFF?

I'm positively giddy...thanks, Tron, for making me a true champion. I'm sure that we can find categories for Dr. Longshot and Ivanhoe that will, finally, make them winners too.

This is going to be AWESOME...just like skeet. I was at a skeet shoot a month or so back, and there were nine shooters - and I was pleasantly suprised to find out that 26 of us won trophies.

C'mon...I want to be on the buddy list!

Jeff

18. 3357

3357 Member

I have never met Tron but I think he is brilliant and should apply for the ATA executive director position.

19. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Have no fear Tron is a three eyed shooter !!!!!!!

20. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

The band is playing Tron a fishing tune...

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.