1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The April 2010 Executive Committee minutes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Neil Winston, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

... are at the above link for your reading pleasure.

Neil

2. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I think this link is for the April minutes.

Don

3. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

So Neil is reading this and thinking....Hmmmphh, over 5 hours before someone noticed!

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Well, I'd like to claim that, Rick, but . . .

Neil

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

To bad that the provision to extend membership of someone who signed on very late in the target year, like at the Grand as was mentioned in the Minutes, was defeated.

I let my membership expire due to a lack of time to attend registered shoots in the past few years. This year, it appears that I would actually be traveling near Sparta during the time of Preliminary Week. I thought that I might be able to squeeze one day of shooting in at Sparta. I realize that I would be at penalty yards/class but have no problem accepting that. If the membership, signed on at the Grand, would carry over for the following year that would be a darn good incentive to join then. As it is now, spending the money to join to shoot one day, maybe one or two events only, and knowing that there was very, very little chance of actually being competitive, just does not seem worthwhile.

I am wondering just how many memberships had been signed on late in the target year,in the past few years? Was it a major problem? If this option was dropped because of uneven application by various bodies, how difficult would it be to just issue definitive guidelines for all shoots that would fall into the late sign-up period?

Many times in the minutes it was mentioned "poor economy" was blamed for low and dropping attendance. The late sign-up period might have offered some opportunity to minimize or perhaps even halt the fall in participation. Forcing people to pay $20 for a few days membership and then coming right back two weeks later and saying "Oh, you will have to pay another $20 if you want to shoot ATA again." just doesn't seem like it would encourage someone to join.

I found it interesting that Central Zone V.P. Wagner, during the discussion stated that the ATA "should make a greater attempt to create
    more value to joining - and remaining a member of - the ATA and encouraged Executive Director Rively to increase the efforts to make this a reality." Then when he voted, his vote was to discontinue the "Grace Period" membership. It seems that his vote was opposite of his earlier statement. Can someone elaborate on why the change in his thoughts, especially since his one vote of the five cast could have reversed the outcome of that 3 to 2 vote?

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Lack of common sense. HMB

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The $20 is really way to much to pay to enjoy this sport. Rediculous.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.