Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The All Around Gun???

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jollytrapshooter 
#1 ·
Hello all, I am currently in the process of finding an Over-Under shotgun and am wondering what your opinions would be. I am looking for a gun for right around $1,000, I would like it for sporting clays, hunting, and maybe even to shoot doubles if I ever felt like it. I'm not looking to buy one right NOW but will be in the near future, just looking for opinions right now. I like the way the new Browning stocks fit because of the pistol grip, but a new Browning XT or the like is a little expensive for me. Any help is appreciated, Josh.

#7 ·
I have Remington autos in both 12 and 20. I use them for sporting clays, trap, skeet, 5-stand, and hunting ducks, geese, turkeys, pheasants, quail, doves, etc. I do find myself using my 20 more than my 12. Except for competition where you just have to win the 20 will get the job done and is a lot more fun to shoot. I am shooting almost all 3/4 ounce reloads for targets now. Don't let anyone tell you a 20 can't be a good all around hunting gun now with new heavier than lead substitutes. I don't hunt anything with my 12 anymore. I took my last 3 turkeys with my 20 and use if for all my waterfowling too.

#10 ·
I've thought about an auto too, but I have never been a big fan of them. I hate that I have to buy a separate piece (shell catcher) so I don't have to pick up my hulls. I have considered it, but the whole hull thing makes me say "no". I'd rather have an over-under where I don't have to buy a little clip thing to catch my hulls, rather just my hand, or if I want to let them fly, just pop it open. I think I'm leaning more towards an older sporting Citori, I like the way they look, plus I've shot one a liked it.

I have another question, what would be a good place to look for a gun like this, I found one on the Indiana gun clubs web site, and I've looked on gunbroker and gunsamerica, any other good suggestions? Thanks for all the suggestions, Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.