1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Alamo Defenders Were Drunks and Crooks

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Recoil Sissy, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Gentle Readers:

I've always thought it important to learn new things. Today I learned the defenders of the Alamo mission were "drunks and crooks". At least they were according to Maria del Rosario Castro. So who's Maria del Rosario Castro? None other than the mother of a democratic convention darling and keynote speaker Julian Castro - mayor of San Antonio.

Here's a snippet from mother Castro's own account.

"(I) grew up being told the battle (of the Alamo) was 'glorious,' only to learn the so-called heroes were really “a bunch of drunks and crooks and slaveholding imperialists who conquered land that didn’t belong to them.

But as a little girl I got the message -- we were losers,” she told New York Times Magazine. “I can truly say that I hate that place and everything it stands for.”

Early Texas history isn't one of the recoil sissy's strong suits but my general understanding is that a group of roughly 200 Texas settlers at the Alamo mission held off a force of 1500 Mexican troops for 13 days.

Maybe mother Castro's characterization is accurate. If so, I think we have to conclude a couple of hundred drunken Texans aren't to be screwed with - even when outnumbered seven to one.

sissy

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/05/mother-dem-convention-star-castro-called-alamo-defenders-drunks-crooks/#ixzz25eiPsd2x

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Sissy,

I wonder how ol' Maria is going to feel when she finds out that her son is the #1 Butt-Boy for a whole Democrat National Convention full of God hating anti-semitic baby killin' sodomites?

(Ah geez, she'll probably be proud)

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Like the robot in the show Lost in Space,

D - Does

N - Not

C - Compute!

If you've only watched 25% of the convention so far, there is a whole lot of DNC going on!!!

There has not been one speakers so far that has not lied in some form or another and the gaffs just keep coming and coming! On the floor as well as in interviews!!

They need to fly Jay Inslee down to round out the clown show!!

4. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

I thought it was fairly well-known that Jim Bowie and his brothers were slave smugglers and forgers of land deeds. There's no denying that he was crooked. I'd say it's a real stretch to call Crockett and Travis crooks, though.

It's hard to imagine why any American would really consider the Alamo and the fight for Texan independence as a "loss", no matter what their ancestry. All you have to do is compare the prosperity north of the border with the extreme opposite south of the border to determine how well that Mexican style of government worked out over the last 100 years.

--Dan

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

There were more men from Tennessee and Ohio than Texans at the Alamo. So that "drunks and crooks" statement covers a wide swath.

Some consider it a compliment!

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

And what about the native "Texicans" who were Mexicans that had joined the rebellion against the Mexican government and those who died at the Alamo and in other battles that took place???

What is their place in this? Guess the land didn't belong to them either.

7. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

We must keep in mind, considering what she said, that revisionist history is a strong suit of the libeal mind. That being said, also keep in mind, precious little else in the liberal mind is strong.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

9. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Make sure you are aware that "Hispanic" includes many nationalities besides Mexican and MANY are decidedly NOT Obama supporters......

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Never confuse a liberal with facts.

11. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

If Texas is such a bad place, why doesn't she move back to Mexico?

12. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Texas is a great place for a person with ambition. Not so much for some others. Ron

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Well said 8 straight!!!

Almost all text books used in college concerning history have been "revised"!!

Caught a program just this week where Dave Barton showed the college text books from not to long ago and what the "Revisionist" have done to them. It would scare the open minded!!!! Liberal would dance and cheer!!!!

Based on just Harvard, the revised books makes a degree worth only about 50% of what the same degree acquired back before the Revisionist books were handed out.

If Harvard is that less of a school, just imagine what the rest have to offer!!

14. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't know about you guys, but it strikes me that if I and a hundred & eighty or so of my pals were about to try and fight off 5000 or so enemies, a little nip might come in handy!
    All kidding aside, the Alamo is the only tourist destination I have ever visited, and out of respect for those heroes. Mind you, I lived in CA for a time,and drove by Disneyland every day and never went in.
    In 1980, on the way to So.Padre Is.we went to the Alamo, and who was there? None other than Ladybird Johnson and complete entourage. I would have thought that she would have been there before.......????

15. Mapper

Mapper Member

Looking over the speakers, we have the aforementioned reconquista's son, the lying wannabe Indian princess, the impeached-law license losing former President, and an illegal immigrant. Gilbert ans Sullivan could have made a great operetta out of this bunch.

16. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Those guys were some of the best fightin' drunks,and crooks this countrys ever had................God Bless 'em all.

D.P.Reynolds

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

And I'm totally positive there wasn't a single drunk or crook wearing a Mexican army uniform too.....yeah right ; P

18. Firewater

Firewater Member

Remember the Alamo. What in the hell are are the left wing demo`s gonna do when they run out of somebody to pay their way ? Mike

19. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Was the Alamo anywhere near Chappaquiddick?

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

When the Mexican Government decided they wanted to grow the economy of the Texas region, they undercut the US Government's price by $1.00 per acre. They were actually encouraging American settlers to occupy the region for economic purposes. With in 20 years, American settlers out numbered Mexicans.

The Mexican government felt threatened by the "independence" of the settlers and the Mexican Constitution was dimantled by Santa Anna. Militry rule prevailed.

The American and Mexican settlers began to revolt when the Mexican Goverment implimented military rule, which was harsh, taxing, and very disruptive to commerce.

So, Maria Castro can bitch all she wants, but the Alamo was a result of political tyranny and poor political decisions with out much thought.

Much like the Obama administration today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
alamo revisionist history

the alamo was full of a bunch of drunks and failures

wonder boy revisionist history alamo