1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

the 692 Sporting is here, and I got it!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ryanthelion46, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Ryanthelion46

Ryanthelion46 Member

[​IMG]

Ive posted previously about whens the trap gun in a 34 coming out, and its not. Beretta said it would only sell in the USA. So I had to get the sporting.

32 inch, rear weight system, larger reciever than the 682, and the same barrels as the DT11, extended chokes, the whole ball of wax. The 30's only come standard combs cut by factory, and if you want 32 you have to get them cut.

If you want one, call Joel Ethen and ask for Matt. RyantheLion sent you, and you will be well taken care of.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I wonder if 682 stocks (and by extension 682 PFS grips) will fit.

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Nice wood

4. Ryanthelion46

Ryanthelion46 Member

682 wont fit

5. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

Curious about the action...if the barrels are dt11 barrels then this a damn good gun....

Beautiful wood... Is that a microcore pad ....are the chokes hp

Gorgeous gun..

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sorry Ryan..DT11 barrels are Greener crossbolts and entirely different..

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The forcing cone taper isn't quite the same as the DT11 barrels according to Beretta. They're supposed to be a tweener b/w the 682 barrels and DT11 barrels (they call the 682 "Good", the 692 "Better", and the DT11 "Best).

8. CalvinMD

If Ryan could snap a pic of the back of monoblock with the gun open that will show if they have similar lockups..the rounded bottom to the barrels shoulders are different than the flat bottoms of the DT11 also..Im fairly sure theres no way DT11 and 692 barrels interchange,..unless Ryan was just referring to the barrels construction and material..still all darn nice guns from Big B of Italy

9. Clays82

Clays82 Member

Great gun Ryan, do they come in different wood grade or just one, did you get that comb cut? i want 32' but with out the cut, Reyper last time i checked they were running close to 4,500-5000, thanks

10. Ryanthelion46

Ryanthelion46 Member

Lots of questions and I will answer the best I can. It does come factory with the Beretta micro pad but I ripped it off and put a dual action Kickeez. They do come in a lot of grains some are dark some are light. They make only the 30 inch barrels with a factory comb cut, But you can also get a 30 inch or 32 inch not being cut. Joel Etchen cut my comb at a very fair price and put a four-way adjustable The chokes are HP Optima and they are very long.

Regarding pictures of the block Im on the way to the club right now to shoot sporting clays and I will do it later when I get home.

11. skydiver

skydiver TS Member

Article on the gun in the May June issue of Trapshooting USA page 80.

12. CalvinMD

Ok..confirmed my though that the lockup is 682 but with unique shoulders that prevent use of 682 barrels..thats one way to make sure Beretta fans buy new guns

Search tags for this page

joel ethen 692