1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The 60's

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dverna, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

The 60

I think many of us old pharts will enjoy this.

Maybe some of the youngsters too.

Don Verna

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Wow, memories. I graduated in 1960. I am trying to figure out who was living in Yakima WA?? The narrator and who was it. Thx for sharing that Don. I really miss the old days

3. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine, but in 40 years these will be the good old days to someone.

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Thanks for sharing that one it surely brought back the memories. I graduated high school in 68 and most of my memories of family and wasting time with my buddies were all from the 60's. Plus there is always one thing to think about and thats the decade when I was youg and absolutely care free. Not until the last three years of the sixtys was I aware of responsibilitys other than chores. Life for me back then was easy and the family I grew up in was close and we did a lot of Sundays out to Grandps's house and homemade icecream was always on. I liked the junket and got to turn the freezer first til it got hard and started to wobble then I sat on it with a gunny sack and my Dad or uncles would turn it. One of my jobs would be to make sure the weep hole didn't plug up and get salt water in the icecream. My other job was to lick the paddle of the maker:) Tough duty I know but someone had to do it.:) I also learned to hunt with Dad and my uncles back then. They were a couple of quail killing machines. They are all gone now and I know my own kids are tired of hearing me tell them storys of wha went on back then. I have to share my memories with LeeAnn and she shares hers with me. Dan

5. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

I graduated from high school in 1968 and can relate to that video 100%. I feel very fortunate I was a teen in the sixties. And wish I could go back in time.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

God are you guys young. I graduated college in 62, went in and out of the Marine Corp, got married, got my 1st career job, my 2 children were born other than that it was kind of quiet in the 60's.

Don

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I grew up in an environment very similar to the one depicted on the old TV show "The Wonder Years". Middle class suburbia--that was me for the most part. I too have many fond memories of those good old days, but those days had their share of problems also.

Going through school in those days we faced the prospect of going to Viet Nam--not much to look forward to while we watched Walter Cronkite's reports in front of our RCA every evening. There was open anger and hostility between the hawks and doves-even in school. In Louisiana we were also still dealing with racial issues, not yet comfortable with desegregation. Experimentation with drugs was also a temptation and the bane of many.

Things were changing so fast in those days. Many of the parents then were the sons and daughters of parents who experienced WWII, and they were anchored in the ideals and culture of the 40s and 50s. My generation, at least my experience in it, questioned everything. Sometimes that put us at odds with the adults of the day. We asked ourselves, why are things the way they are? The generational gap seemed wide and insurmountable to many of my friends and me in those days. Of course we were naive and didn't have the benefit of wisdom gained through life experience.

Looking back I reminisce about the 60s and early 70s. I don't fondly remember all of it though. It's more enjoyable to filter out the bad and recall the apple pie, baseball, Chevys, and mini skirts. There's certainly nothing wrong with that.

As I've aged, things continue to change at sometimes head-spinning rates, but strangely many of the issues remain the same. I'm sure one day, some thirty to forty years hence, the youth of today will produce a similar nostalgic retrospective of the good old 00's.

Guy Babin

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

This was taken on May 11, 1967.

I still some parts of the 60's.

Curt

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can trap from the 60s