1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

The $4 Remington 870 & 1100 Stock Removal Tool

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LukeG, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeG

LukeG TS Member

I saw this mentioned somewhere a while back and finally decided to try it.

An 11/16" Woodboring Bit that you can buy from nearly any home improvement or tool store for about $4 is a perfect fit for the stock retainer nut on the Remington 1100 and 870. They even come with their own anti-slip center piece so no more worries about the screwdriver slipping off and splitting the stock.

If the sides of the bit have little flanges for extra cutting power you will need to grind them down, but they are so small it should only take a couple seconds with a dremel.
  2. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Nice!

Is it just a threaded nut that attaches to the stock bolt or is there something else in the middle? I had a large screwdriver on one and didn't break it loose so left it alone

regards
  3. LukeG

LukeG TS Member

There is a retainer for the action spring, but the tip won't even come close to hitting it since it is further down the action spring tube. The nut itself is just a large threaded nut.
  4. nsrailroad

nsrailroad TS Member

I have one in every gun box.
    Railroad
  5. motordoctor

motordoctor Me and my new wiife Staff Member

a regular screwdriver works BUT sometimes they slip off and break the stock.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.