1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2016 Olympic Games

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

What do you all think about the games being in Chicago? People in Chicago don't want it there. They say give that money to the poor. On the news someone said that it would or could be $1500.00 person. I think if they had it in Chicago think of all the job's that it would make. If they the poor would get up and get a job to build the thinks that are needed for the games they could make alot more then $1500.00. Also think of all the money that would help the small businesses in that area. Like it or not it would give one hell of a boost everyone there. That is my thoughts on the matter what yours.

2. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

How many times in your life have the Olympics been held in a venue close enough to attend and not cost an arm and a leg to get to? I know they were in LA back in 64? but I was to young to have the money to go watch. I would love the chance to see them live. I say spend the money on the games in Chicago. Dan

3. BudLight

BudLight Member

My 2 cents, as long as Oprah and her friends put up all the money that the games come up short, so it doesn't cost the citizens Chicago a cent.... then hold them !!!!

4. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

auctioneer, you know nothing! Everyone is extremely excited about the olympics! It's all the talk and people who were originally against it have jumped on the bandwagon. It would be such an honor for the city and be generally absolutely awesome. It is the most beautiful city in the country and easily one of the most beautiful in the world! I'll be crossing my fingers tomorrow along with the rest of the city. I would be in Daly Plaza if I weren't already at a college visit that I'm going to try and figure out how to ditch out of for a few minutes while they announce the winner.
    -Trappy

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

As I pointed out on another thread, the only interest Crook County has in the 2016 Olympic games is the endless opportunity for graft - a unique chance to cheat, steal and connive.

Its a simple scenario - crooked politicians see to it that construction projects go to contractors offering the biggest bribe. The mob and crooked union reps get their usual slice. Miscellaneous and assorted do-nothings extort another chunk under the table from sponsors, contractors, ad nauseum. Incumbent pols shake down the whole bunch for cash and votes.

Its a trifecta of big government, organized labor, and unethical businesses all with their nose in the public trough. Everybody is fat, dumb, and happy except tax payers who once again get a vigorous screwing.

sissy

Dauhaub: what makes me think your support is primarily based on the likelihood of a hypothetical Champaign County labor organization sending a parade of travelers up I-57 and clearing it's bench for the next several years??

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The south side of Chi-town is especially beautiful isn't it trappy. It's too bad they tore down Cabrini Green, it would have been the crown jewel of the Windy city for the whole world to see.

7. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bfnihxuIdCE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bfnihxuIdCE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Few Days ago, guess they missed the "bandwagon".

8. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jcu75mID4SA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jcu75mID4SA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

And these.

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Bisi, good thing Rio is much better. To try and argue that as a down point of Chicago is a point that can be exploited in all major cities.

trapdady, guess you're right. Since there are some protestors everyone is against it.
    -Trappy

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sappy, do you think the fact that Chicago has the highest murder rate in the country had anything to do with it?

HM

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

For a more logical explanation of why Chicago and the USA lost the bid, see Professor G's explanation in the thread "Chicago, no Olympics for you".

Eric

12. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

halfmile...1 it absolute doesn't...and 2...compared to Rio Chicago is like frolicking through daisies.
    -Trappy

13. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

i think its funny oboma thought he would get it and he didnt! i wonder how much money he pissed away again trying to get it ? kinda makes him look bad

14. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Recoil Sissy said it well, and possibly understated the deceit that is known to exist in Chicago politics.

rmccartyjr; regarding cost, and political damage to hussein, it's explained in the other Olympics thread.

It's huge.

15. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Here is Obama's response to the decision, everyone better look out, he is pretty mad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWFZ7rahNww&feature=related

16. oletymer

oletymer Member

Trappy you poor liberal. Chicago is the most beautiful city in the world? Where in the hell have you been. I would rather walk down the streets of Rio than Chicago any day. If you have been to Chicago than you have really been to the bottom of a place to live.

17. chuckles

chuckles Member

Trappy, you are not the only one sad these days about Chicago losing the games to Rio de Janeiro...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.