1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

That 1 Gun 'ya still wished 'ya had!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by berettaman7, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I let go of a wonderful Ithaca 4E.

Jess Rodriguez, somewhere in Colorado, I want to buy back the Ithaca 4E.

Berettaman7

2. bling 27

bling 27 Member

Model 12 trap blueing as black as shoe polish,blonde anton wood,fixed full,would ink targets from the back fence. Was in my eairly 20's 1973- 1975. Paid $350 for it. If I could find that gun today, I give $3000 for it. I would know it was mine as my initals are engraved on the trigger guard. Wayne

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Had a Perazzi single about 35 years ago that broke targets no matter where you pointed the gun, you didn't even have to be close. Comeon home baby, all is forgiven ;-))

Eric

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, it ain't a trap gun. But I sold a S&W M-625 stainless .45 ACP revolver with a 3" barrel. They were a plentiful at one time. Now try to find one.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My Winchester Model 21....sold it 2 years ago.....took it from an unshootaable relic to a sweet shooting beauty...

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Pre 64 model 70 .270 that sprouted legs and walked out of my apartment. Sure wish I had that one back!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Model 12 Pigeon Grade trap. It had wood on it that was just beautiful. (Factory wood) But being young and foolish I sold it back in 1970 so I could buy a pickup truck. That was smart. Now the pickup is probably in some salvage yard and the gun is in some proud owners gun cabinet! Ed

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Had a beautiful Mod32 Kreighoff Vandalaia Special unsingle 34"/32" Combo with Wenig custom wood and Bavaria engraving......hurts my heart that I had to sell it after becoming unemployed

9. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

I have only ever sold one gun since I have had any and I've regreted it since, not that it was that special or anything just wish I still had it. Since then I told myself that I would never sell or trade off any other gun. Therefore I won't have that problem again. They aren't costing you any money sittin in the closet or the safe, so why get rid of them and risk regretting it later.

10. 682LINY

682LINY Member

The one that will be going up for sale after Griffin&Howe gives an apraisel on it,,,,Got to buy a house and need some cash for expenses,,,Simson,,,german,,,12 ga,,,choked .030 and .040,,,,smokes the birds with 7/8 oz #8,,,1250 fps,,,,but is realy a Pheasant Gun,,,. <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

11. clays

clays TS Member

This is an easy question!

I wish I still had "EVERY 1."

Clays

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

My old Spacegun.

13. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Remington Model 700ADL, .270Win, S/N 19919, with Weaver scope.

Pawned in 1969 for $75. :(

14. tomk2

tomk2 Member

I have never sold any gun that functioned well. Thus, I am immune from such laments. Gonna need a bigger safe soon though.

15. larryjk

larryjk Member

A built-up Model 12 trap gun. A real "money" gun. A dime would fall through the barrel and that was 31 inches long, but I would smoke them from anywhere you wanted to back up to. Never did know exactly what I had as it was prior owned. It was getting pretty loose and I sold it. Should have had the action rebuilt.

16. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I had a DB81 O/U and I loved the high rib as it was just like my TMX. That gun must have been designed as a live bird gun because the bottom barrel shot just right but the top barrel shot low and I couldn't hit the 2nd with it. I got rid of the DB81 but I always wondered if I should have sent it to a real barrelsmith to fix the POI on the top barrel. I have rationalized that the POI was too far off for anyone to fix.

17. kolar12

kolar12 Member

S&W Model 53 in .22 Jet. Had both cylinders for it too.

18. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Savage 22Hornet...would make 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards.

19. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

32" so5 beretta trap engraved by pedretti(factory) choked full and full.

20. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Model 86 winchester - musket model. Needed the money. On the other hand, it was just a "safe queen" and not many folks knew I had one. It is not like having a gull wing mercedes where you can at least take it out for a spin. when it comes to collectable firearms, not many people know what they are looking at anyway. So just as well the gun is gone. But if I sold that same gun today - I would really clean up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.