1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanksgiving with the Marines

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Well, we had the pleasure &
    the privilege of spending Thanksgiving with 4 young Marines from Camp LeJeune.

One was a Mexican. One was from Amador Ca,, One was from Oregon & the other was from Detroit.
    The lad from Mexico had never experienced an American Thanksgiving. He will become a U.S. citizen on his 21st birthday.

I was really moved that they all had on thing in common, poverty. I personally feel its a crying shame that some people of a certain economic strata will never had to make the choices these young Marines had to.

Even though , I'm USNR retired. I honestly feel the presures of an all volunteer military have to be offset by reinstituting the draft,

Again= I told them to keep safe in their upcoming ,deployment. And gave they a case of CLP for their weapons maintenance.

Phil Berkowitz ICC(SS)--USNR Ret.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good for you and for them

The military has always been a socially mobilizing force in our country.

Having said that -- I do think we need mandatory service- either military or america corps or something- no deferments- military get better benefits but everyone serves

2 years active duty- and 6 more subject to recall till age 65

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.