1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Whiz (again)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

So, there I was at the loading bench on Monday, when Barb noticed a photo of a P/w Machine with a shell counter on it. What's that? she said, what's what?, I asked. That counter thingey, why don't you have one, I think that would be a neat thing to have. Guess I can get one of 'em, lets go up and call Jim White. Sure he said I'll get it right out, anything else? Well the rack that drives the powder and shot gears is sort of worn, maybe I could use one of those. Which plate do you have, under the bottles, The P/W, Jim Skeel's, or that plastic one? Mine's a P/W with the crinkle finish. Well you'll need to replace the flat rubber "O" ring above the powder bushing with a round one, I'll throw it in the box...put a dab of super glue on the under side to hold it in the groove. He sent two, and everything came today. That's just three days from Jim's shop to my door in PA.

Whiz White...he's the best. um, or a darned close second to Kevin Lewis. We're lucky to have folks like those guys, folks.

Thanks again, jim.... best...mike

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"...Which plate do you have, under the bottles, The P/W, Jim Skeel's, or that plastic one? Mine's a P/W with the crinkle finish. Well you'll need to replace the flat rubber "O" ring above the powder bushing with a round one,..."</I></blockquote>Odd?? I have 4, 900s that all have the factory wrinkle finish on them and they all are machined for, and have always used, round section (#11) O-rings.

Keller

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Y'know? (bites tongue) I need to keep post(s) limited to facts and very brief, so I'll try again/

I needed parts for my P/W 800+ and contacted a vendor here, Jim White at S&W Supply Co. It was promptly shipped and at my door in 3 days. Good transaction, thanks Jim

mike

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

There is good, better than average, excellent...then there is Whiz who is in a class of rare air. His customer service is simply the best.

If you have a PW question, problem or need, he is "the" go to guy.

5. Kerz

Kerz Member

Whiz is cut above. Enough said.
    Vic

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Well, it really isn't me, it's YOU, guys. Hell, anyone can do what I do, it's just that I *like* my customers. You're all fun to deal with, and we can BS with the best too. I have met some of the nicest folks in trapshooting, AND that's what kept me shooting for the last 38 years, and keeps me doing this.

I've always enjoyed a challenge which included trying to figure out what needs to be fixed. As my father used to say, <i>"If you can't do it right, then leave it alone!"</i> Oh, he always chided me when I didn't put his tools back, and I can hear myself telling my son the same thing.

Ultimately, we're all selling the same stuff, it's the service that counts, and taking the time to just have a nice conversation.

It's been a fun ride and I expect to keep the wheels moving for a few more years.

Again, THANKS guys!

WW

PS: I only carry the rounded o-rings. I do not like the square ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.