1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Vern Brown!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The other day I called Vern Brown (Precision Fit Stocks) and inquired about a couple of small items that I needed for a USED PFS that I bought. He took time out of his day to answer my questions and get me what I needed. He did this ,literally, as he went out the door heading for the Grand. He also emailed me a picture of an update that they are doing to the lastest generation PFS to help cut down on the twisting of the stock. I recieved the parts today and a cut-off wheel,for the mod, with an invoice stating PAID. I told him that I bought the stock used and it didn't make any difference to him. This is the kind of people that I go out of my way to deal with in the future!

Thanks again Vern Brown!!!

ec90t

Eric Collins

2. shoot'er

shoot'er TS Member

Ya hes helped me out once and hes is a real class act!

J.D. Squire

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Double Ditto!!!

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I've just completed the update to my PFS that Vern told me about. This stiffenend up the torsional twist problem significantly. I'm now able to shoot with a thinner pad.

Thanks again Vern!

If any of you out there using the newest style of PFS want a picture of the update, I'll be more than happy to send it to ya! I'd post it here, but don't know how.

ec90t

5. pairaway

pairaway TS Member

Please describe the new modification. I have recently installed the new comb and that is the ticket. I'm always interested in the new mods
    thanks, bill

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Pairaway and others,

On part #6 (base) make a relief cut in the threaded recieving tube underneath part #14 (lock ring for the LOP adjustment). These relief cuts should be done in a horizontal plane as the unit is in a mounted position. The depth of the cut should not exceed the depth of the lock ring.

I hope this isn't too confusing. I'd be more than happy to forward the pictures on to someone that can post them.

ec90t

7. Cray

Cray Member

Tripple Ditto!!!! He helped me out at the Southern Grand.No charge. His wife even offered me a bottle of water while I waited. Cray

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Pictures should be posted here in a bit. I forwarded them on to someone that knows how to post them!

ec90t

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Here are the pictures he took.

[​IMG]
    http://members.cox.net/omahasportingsupply/images/CIMG3788.JPG</a>

[​IMG]
    http://members.cox.net/omahasportingsupply/images/CIMG3790.JPG</a>

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I hope my desciption didn't confuse the pictures.
    Thanks for posting the pictures!

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.